RM's Game Notes: Preseason Game 3 - Cardinals vs. Raiders

Reaction score
Flemming was jobbed by the refs all night long.
:yeahthat: Called for pass interference, twice, and a personal foul; none of which should have been called as they were all legit plays.

I guess the refs don't regularly see defensive backs cover that well, in high school games. :billthecat:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple revisions...

6-Heap gets beat, not Colledge. Colledge pulls to kick out the outside defender, takes a bad angle, but still makes the block. Levi blocks down, but Heap can't cut off the outside linebacker who knifes in from the backside of the play causing Ryan Williams to stutter after which he is swallowed up.

12-This one is on Daryl Washington. Bradley is late getting across from the backside, but Washington takes on the lead blocker with his OUTSIDE arm thus pushing the play AWAY from his help inside. Washington HAS to take on the blocker with his INSIDE arm which pushes the running back towards his help.

GREAT post Rugby, Thanks.

Nice follow up Choppper.

It takes an ASFN village to view a game. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D No problems with how CKW handled Skelton at all. His hedging just reeks of 'Kolb apology' syndrome ;)

Nah it reeks of I saw I needed to see. I'm not gonna risk him with the 2nd team OL which is painfully worse than the 1st team OL. :)

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nah it reeks of I saw I needed to see. I'm not gonna risk him with the 2nd team OL which is painfully worse than the 1st team OL. :)

I will add on to that thought.

Whiz saw what he needed to.

Skelton is setup for the game against the Titans. Come in, play well, DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER, and the job is yours.

If Skelton plays well, then I cannot see how anyone can not say he fairly has won the job. At least to be the starter week 1, and for the Cardinals to shift their attention to making the offensive suit Skelton's strengths.

Kolb has had his shot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave