Rishard Matthews to be released

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1610145

It looks like Matthews is out. He is a damn good receiver just not fitting in with the new staff. He led the Titans in receptions and yards the past 2 years. He will probably sign with the pats but I would give him a multi year deal and have him on the other side of Kirk. He would be our best receiver the second he steps in the facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figures, I cut him in my fantasy team this morning.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's always been an underrated fantasty option, both in Miami and Tennessee. Tennessee has added 3 WRs through the draft over the last few years that they have prioritized over him. He could easily be our 2nd or 3rd best WR, but I believe he is coming off a significant injury.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sk should be on the phone with him before the door hits him in the ass

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa he was OK but he’s def nothing special... At this point calling him better then Kirk would be a real push and he’s def not better then Fitz.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You know on the pick Rosen threw on fourth and 5, Wilks mentioned Chad Williams might have slipped on his route, I heard another sports guy say the same, Roy Green said Williams was at fault and did not give his QB a chance... right now Matthews is better than him

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'll take these numbers from a #3 WR

He had 65 catches for 945 yards and nine touchdowns in 2016 before racking up 53 catches for 795 yards and three touchdowns last season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You know on the pick Rosen threw on fourth and 5, Wilks mentioned Chad Williams might have slipped on his route, I heard another sports guy say the same, Roy Green said Williams was at fault and did not give his QB a chance... right now Matthews is better than him

There was also confusion on Rosen's second pass (I think it was his second) Rosen threw a ball and Williams seemingly stopped as if he was running a stop route when it was a go route.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

On the 4 and 5 play the pass was to Kirk. Kirk ran a poor out route on that play IMO which led to the INT.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/posts/3787717/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Titans GM Jon Robinson says at a press conference on WR Rishard Matthews was frustrated with his role in the offense. “He reached out Monday and asked to be released or traded. We explored the trade options but that market never manifested itself.”

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fat ass Keim thumb in butt, refusing to try to add or do anything as usual. Nelson and Chad Williams been lighting it up

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever. He is not a long term solution, and we should actually be tanking this season at this point.