Rishard Matthews planning to come for a visit on Tuesday

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not even sure why he's a free agent. He's a solid receiver, or at least he was, and he's only 28 or so.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not even sure why he's a free agent. He's a solid receiver, or at least he was, and he's only 28 or so.

Because he asked for it. He was not happy that the Titans preferred other receivers given that Matthews had been their leading receiver the past two seasons, so he asked them to release or trade him. He was injured throughout training camp, so I guess that played a part in the coaches’ decision. It is a bit strange, though, because he signed a one year-extension not many months ago, and about one month ago he said that he was eager to play.

He is a good receiver, and I would like Keim to sign him.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s sad we are even competing with the Browns for FA acquisitions. We already lost one to them.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
At what point does Dez Bryant's ego not outweigh his talent? I can't stand the guy and his antics AND I realize he is no longer a true WR1 but as a "part" of an offense he should still be a huge asset. If he's willing to be a part of something. Can he be believed if he ever says that he's willing? Even at 29 I think talent-wise he'd be a great component but has a diva WR ever changed their spots?

Sorry for the thread drift but Matthews seems to be suffering from the same type of personality issues and it made me think of the queen diva.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At what point does Dez Bryant's ego not outweigh his talent? I can't stand the guy and his antics AND I realize he is no longer a true WR1 but as a "part" of an offense he should still be a huge asset. If he's willing to be a part of something. Can he be believed if he ever says that he's willing? Even at 29 I think talent-wise he'd be a great component but has a diva WR ever changed their spots?

Sorry for the thread drift but Matthews seems to be suffering from the same type of personality issues and it made me think of the queen diva.
The latest on Dez is that he publicly stated that he wanted to play for Dallas.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

From what NFL scouts have said, Bryant isnt even on the radar as a good #2 anymore. Dude is done.