RIP: Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man... 2009 has to be one of the top years in terms of famous deaths...

Patrick Swayze, ‘Dirty Dancing’ Star, Dies at 57

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 14, 2009
Filed at 8:05 p.m. ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Patrick Swayze has died after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer.

Swayze's publicist Annett Wolf says the 57-year-old "Dirty Dancing" actor died Monday with family at his side. He came forward about his illness last spring, but continued working as he underwent treatments.

It was 1987 when Swayze became a star with his performance in "Dirty Dancing," a coming-of-age story set in a Catskills resort. The 1990 film "Ghost" cemented his status as a screen favorite.

Swayze played a murdered man trying to communicate with his fiancee through a spirit played by Whoopi Goldberg.

He kept on working even after it was disclosed in March 2008 that he had a particularly deadly form of cancer. He starred in "The Beast," an A&E drama series, and said he and his wife were working on a memoir.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He made being the bad guy really cool in Point Break.

RIP

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:( So sad. Very disappointed that he seemed determined to fight it until the end, but wouldn't quit smoking. Being a teen of the 80's, he was always one of my absolute favorites.

Today has been an all-around suck-fest.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I absolutelly loved Red Dawn since I was young when that came out but Point break was his best part. I can still watch that anytime it comes on.

My father in law died of Pancreatic cancer and he smoked for 50 years. I quit after 18 years and it has been in April of 2007, I hope it wasn't too late.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.I.P Patrick. The guy made some cool movies. Woman loved him and guys hated to admit they liked any of his movies. You dudes crying during Ghost know who you are. lol.

Seriously, Patrick went way to soon. Cancer is a bitch and I hope someday we really really get a foothold on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson