RIP: Miguel Ferrer (1955-2017)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mi...-and-‘crossing-jordan’-star-was-61/ar-AAm21Jf

Miguel Ferrer, who had played Owen Granger on NCIS: Los Angeles since 2012 and co-starred with Jill Hennessy on CBS’ Crossing Jordan, died today of cancer. He was 61.

The son of late actor Jose Ferrer, he also was to reprise his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld on David Lynch’s revival Twin Peaks on Showtime.

Ferrer launched his career in the early 1980s with small guest shots on such series as Magnum, P.I., CHiPS and Cagney & Lacey and features including Heartbreaker, The Man Who Wasn’t There and Star Trek: III: The Search for Spock. He would go on to focus mostly on TV throughout that decade before landing the Twin Peaks role in 1990.

The Santa Monica native toplined the short-lived Stephen J. Cannell-creator cop drama Broken Badges in 1991 and also starred in Lynch’s 1950s romp On the Air the following year. He appeared in a number of features during the 1990s but continued to star on short-run TV series including Fallen Angels and Al Franken’s LateLine.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of celebrity stories but I did get to meet Miguel once in the early 90's. I was consulting on a conversion for a Bank on Sunset Blvd in downtown LA and I guess his Agent was located in the same building. I was still smoking back then. I took a cigarette break and stood outside so I could enjoy the view of the the CBS building across the street and we met and talked for about 15 minutes. I sure hope it wasn't my second hand smoke that took him down (sick joke alert). RIP Miguel; another one dies too young.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave