RIP: Joe Jackson (1928-2018)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Jackson, patriarch of Jackson family, dies at 89

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...n-patriarch-jackson-family-dies-89/725329002/

Joe Jackson, the man who fathered Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 and deployed an iron will to turn his supremely gifted children into a culture-shifting music powerhouse, died early Wednesday, He was 89. A tweet from one his grandsons confirmed his death.

Randy Jackson Jr, the son of Randy Jackson who was an original member of the Jackson 5, paid tribute to "the king that made everything possible."

"RIP to the king that made everything possible!!! I love you grandpa," he posted.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The news of Jackson's death was first reported by TMZ, "Entertainment Tonight" and US Weekly.

USA TODAY reached out to multiple Jackson family representatives to confirm his death.

Jackson had been ill for some time with an officially undisclosed condition, and had grown increasingly frail. His most recent public appearance was at the BET Awards in 2015, when daughter Janet accepted the Ultimate Icon Award.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the headline & actually said out loud, "Yay!". Good riddance--you were a horrible human being.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of claims and controversies...

Growing up in Reseda, CA we had all sorts of animals at our house since my mom worked for Animal Regulation (now called Department of Animal Services) for the City of Los Angeles. Dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, various reptiles, a raccoon, etc.

My mom once answered a call to a rather large estate in Encino, CA because the neighbors were complaining about Joe Jackson's peacocks. He chatted with my mom for quite some time and offered the peacocks to her. She declined and I believe he re-homed them shortly after.

I'd always heard this story growing up but never appreciated just how loud peacocks could be until I visited the zoo down in Tucson, AZ years later and could hear them from the opposite side of the zoo. They can be soooo loud. No wonder my mom turned him down all those years ago.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of claims and controversies...

Growing up in Reseda, CA we had all sorts of animals at our house since my mom worked for Animal Regulation (now called Department of Animal Services) for the City of Los Angeles. Dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, various reptiles, a raccoon, etc.

My mom once answered a call to a rather large estate in Encino, CA because the neighbors were complaining about Joe Jackson's peacocks. He chatted with my mom for quite some time and offered the peacocks to her. She declined and I believe he re-homed them shortly after.

I'd always heard this story growing up but never appreciated just how loud peacocks could be until I visited the zoo down in Tucson, AZ years later and could hear them from the opposite side of the zoo. They can be soooo loud. No wonder my mom turned him down all those years ago.
I used to live near Saguaro Ranch Park and they have a decent number of peacocks there. Yeah--they're crazy obnoxious.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the headline & actually said out loud, "Yay!". Good riddance--you were a horrible human being.

Really? My first thought was "oh no, I loved Steppin' Out". I actually thought that the Jackson family patriarch was long removed from this earth.