RIP: Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not telling anyone anything, I'm questioning it and don't understand it because it seems very small-minded, borderline ******** and just plain ridiculous.
It's small-minded to value all human life, but to go around not caring about people isn't?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then if I answer it for you, correctly, why even bring it up?

You never know!

I never said you answered it correctly, I said you answered it for me.

I know. Trust me... I know.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic of course. I'm not that familiar with his catelog really. I think I only saw Brokeback Mountain and he was pretty good in that.
;) I know you were. I think I've seen about 5 of his movies...10 Things I Hate About You, The Patriot, A Knight's Tale, Brother's Grimm (not in its entirety), and Casanova. He was a really good actor, imo. I can't wait to see him in Dark Knight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What about Reggie Lewis? What about Dale Earnhardt?

Actors, just like any other high-profile personality (athletes, TV anchors, etc...), always bring about the full spectrum of emotion - both in life and in death. Their vocation and the manner in which the media incessantly spotlights these people, along with their own personalities and life-styles, all contribute to amp up peoples' perceptions and emotions...
So no surprise here that some are "mourning" the death of Ledger, while some don't care at all, and some are questioning those who choose to "mourn" someone they didn't know...
I remember when Lennon was shot and killed in NYC - I really couldn't understand how peoples' lives were literally ruined by the death of some musical artist they had never met... Now, a couple of decades later, I can see it bit more clearly but still don't have that sort of connection that others might...

I think some believe that if you care so much about these personalities so that when they die, your life is somehow effected, if only temporarily, that you then must place these personalities on some sort of footing much greater than the ordinary man/woman... Again, along with the way in which they live and are treated by the media, this seems pretty logical...

Anyway - as for me... A guy died in what appears to be a random, unfortunate incident... That sucks. But honestly, it does not impact me in the least... Any of these famous, amazingly rich and often times troubled people choose the life they live - just like the rest of us.... And just like the rest of us, they are accountable for all that comes at them and how they deal with it... No different than any of us who contend with our own struggles and the crap life tosses our way...
Seems as though Ledger may not have been coping all too well... Frankly, I really don't care one bit as to why that is. He lost his girl... He couldn't hack the role of playing The Joker... whatever it was it means nothing to me...I see those "excuses" as no greater issues than any one of a number of issues I (you) contend with in our own lives. As adults, you make the choice to cope, deal and move on, or not...It's a shame Ledger was struggling to the point that he placed himself in such a situation where death was so clearly a risk... It's a shame... turn the page...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
lol. This made me chuckle. That after all those intricate roles he couldn't handle playing the Joker.

Not my words RC... This is what's been said by many who claim to "understand" what an actor goes through...
Personally, I think it's a load of crap!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Heath.

Hope your last project will be one of your greatest performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.