RIP: Doris Day (1922-2019)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
She lived a long and memorable life. Spent her remaining years in Carmel, but didn’t make any public appearances. Her assistant would always come in to the store I worked at in my younger days to do her shopping.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost a great one. She dealt with some family tragedy but all told she lived her life well and it seems like just about everyone liked and respected her. For some reason, I'm particularly fond of one of her movies that is generally considered to be among her worst (Glass Bottom Boat). RIP Doris Day, Que Sera Sera.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost a great one. She dealt with some family tragedy but all told she lived her life well and it seems like just about everyone liked and respected her. For some reason, I'm particularly fond of one of her movies that is generally considered to be among her worst (Glass Bottom Boat). RIP Doris Day, Que Sera Sera.

My grandma owned a movie theater in a small town in Kansas. When we'd go to visit her in the summer I would do clean up work there. I'd see whatever movie would be playing that week about 20 times. One year it was ''Around The World In 80 Days" and another was 'Pillow Talk'. I loved Doris Day.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
With all the talk of Doris Day, I can tell the membership on this board skews to an older demographic. :)

I did not know she was as old as 97. I really thought she was about 10 years younger than, at minimum. She's only five years younger than Olivia de Havilland, who continues to be just about the only living alumnus of the Golden Age of Hollywood, and was really a full generation ahead of Doris in that continuum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave