RIP: Craig Sager (1951-2016)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig Sager, TNT's Colorful Basketball Reporter, Dies at 65

You must be registered for see images

Craig Sager, the engaging sideline reporter known for his kaleidoscopic couture that viewers, players and coaches found helpless to ignore during TNT’s coverage of NBA games, has died after a long and courageous battle with leukemia, Turner Sports said. He was 65.

"Craig Sager was a beloved member of the Turner family for more than three decades and he has been a true inspiration to all of us," Turner president David Levy said in a statement.

Sager received bone marrow transplants in each of the past three summers, the most recent one in August.

He was diagnosed in April 2014 just before the start of the NBA playoffs and was unable to work any games that postseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Craig Sager.

I didn't know he had been battling cancer.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABC was super classy in letting him do a Finals game before he passed. From my understanding, he refused to stop working while under going Chemo. He was a true warrior and always a class act! RIP!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I knew he was battling cancer. I didn't know it was this advanced. I'll miss him.

RIP

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He had gone through chemo and then recovered enough to where he started calling games again and then suffered another setback.

RIP to him and best wishes to his family. I honestly think he was the best and most entertaining sideline reporter that sports has had.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. I always liked him and his loud suits. Hope he's in a better place. RIP.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Craig was a professional, a gentleman and (with all respect) an entertainer in a league that is based upon sports excellence and entertainment.

We'll miss the man and, to a smaller degree, the novelty of his outfits, knowing he chose them not for publicity, but because, well, because it was Craig Sager.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice little tribute by CBS at the halftime of the Pittsburgh Cincinnati game

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sordid and tawdry side of Craig Sager. Man this is so FUBAR.

http://larrybrownsports.com/everything-else/craig-sager-jr-sisters-left-out-family-will/419358
http://larrybrownsports.com/everything-else/craig-sager-jr-sisters-left-out-family-will/419358
I guess bone marrow donations aren't worth much. :sarcasm:

Craig Sager Jr., the son of late sports reporter Craig Sager Sr., expressed frustration on Twitter Tuesday over an ongoing situation involving his family and his father’s will.

Sager Jr. tweeted that he and his sisters were left out of his father’s will. Although that’s something that would bother many children, Sager Jr. says the real issue is that they are being taken to court over the will.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh do we really need this thread about a soap opera in the suns board? This is all gross.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA