RIP Coach Bugel

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
That was the toughest firing of any of that long list of our ex-coaches. He was liked so much. It's tough to hear of his passing, since it reminds me that I won't be far behind, and especially knowing that there will be no one to know, hear, or mourn my passing.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was such a likable guy even when we were losing. Which was a lot during those years.

RIP Coach Bugel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bugel was a good coach with bad rosters here. That last season of '93 they spent a ton of money on mid-tier free agents (Steve Beuerlein, Chuck Cecil, Gary Clark), and drafted Garrison Hearst, who held out then was later injured.

That team did not have the talent to warrant the public 9-7 ultimatum Bugel received right before the season. If they could've somehow brought Buddy Ryan in the next year to run the defense, and still get guys like Terry Hoage, Seth Joyner, Wilbur Marshall, and Clyde Simmons, we could've challenged the Cowboys in the mid-90s, absolutely.

Everyone young enough to not remember this, thank your lucky stars Michael runs the show now.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bugel never had a chance in 93, the salary cap only just started in 94. Just didn't have the payroll or level playing field. We were playing in Sun Devil stadium, up against the the cowboys, giants, eagles, redskins in their prime.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He never should have been fired when he was. I liked Bugel, RIP.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll never forget him saying that his favorite treat after a win was a bologna and sliced tomato sandwich... lol

God bless you coach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson