RIP: Christopher Lee (1922-2015)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP: Christopher Lee (1922-2015)

Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93

http://www.abc15.com/entertainment/movies/prolific-british-actor-christopher-lee-dies-at-age-93

Christopher Lee, the prolific, aristocratic British actor who brought dramatic gravitas to screen villains from Count Dracula to James Bond enemy Scaramanga, has died at age 93.

Lee appeared in more than 250 movies, including memorable roles as the wicked wizard Saruman in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and the evil Count Dooku in two of George Lucas' "Star Wars" prequels. But for many he will forever be known as the vampire Count Dracula in a slew of "Hammer Horror" movies -- the gory, gothic thrillers churned out by the British studio in the 1950s and 1960s that became hugely popular.

An official for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in London on Thursday confirmed a death certificate was issued for Lee on June 8. She spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with the policies of the borough.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Christopher Lee. What a great actor and I guess I took for granted his age. When I read he was 93 I had to think about that for a second. He was the perfect Saruman. He will be missed.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Christopher Lee. What a great actor and I guess I took for granted his age. When I read he was 93 I had to think about that for a second. He was the perfect Saruman. He will be missed.

Ditto. RIP Sir!