Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad. Another high profile suicide.

Anthony Bourdain: Celebrity chef found dead at 61

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44414747?SThisFB

US celebrity chef and television personality Anthony Bourdain has been found dead in his hotel room, aged 61, of a suspected suicide, CNN reports.

Bourdain was in Strasbourg, France, working on a shoot for his series, Parts Unknown, on CNN.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Awful. Fresh Air interviewed him not too long ago. I remember he said the most important thing in his life is cooking his daughter breakfast in the morning. Tragic that little girl no longer has her father.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
This is a a shocker to me. No Reservations and Parts Unknown were some of my favorite shows. He opened my eyes to food and other cultures in a way that made it fun and educational. You will be sorely missed.

R.I.P

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is crazy.
When you see people that appear to have it all do this it is very disturbing.
Millions of people would have left their entire life behind in a second to have this guys job and here he is ending his own life.
Sad

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
WTF is happening in this world? He had the resources to get help if he was dealing with depression or a substance abuse problem. People need to think about how this impacts their childrens lives afterwards.
I was a bourdain fan but this was a senseless tragedy, especially for his young daughter. Truly sad.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mischa

Reaction score
Sad to hear about Anthony Bourdain. Dude definitely rode to the beat of his own drum.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Totally wrecked by this. Tony was the perfect TV star. The guy playing the most interesting man in the world on television was interviewed once and asked what's it like being the most interesting man in the world, he said I don't know, go ask Anthony Bourdain.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Please get help. As you are not alone. As first it was Kate Spade. Now Anthony Bourdain. As never take it lightly. If you feel there are red flags. Call this number if you or someone you love fear those thoughts of suicide. 24/7!

1-800-273-TALK

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose