Ridiculous 6 (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cast Revealed for Adam Sandler’s First Netflix Movie Ridiculous 6

According to TheWrap, Adam Sandler has rounded up his usual posse along with some surprise additions for the cast of his first movie under the Netflix umbrella, a comedic take on westerns titled Ridiculous 6.

The cast includes Taylor Lautner, Nick Nolte, Blake Shelton, Whitney Cummings, Luke Wilson, Steve Zahn, Danny Trejo, Chris Parnell, Lavell Crawford, Steve Buscemi, Rob Schneider, Dan Aykroyd, Will Forte, Nick Swardson, Terry Crews, Jon Lovitz and Vanilla Ice.

The plot for Ridiculous 6 is as follows: Sandler will play man who grew up as an orphan among an Indian tribe. Lautner, Schneider, Wilson and Crews are poised to play his half-brothers, while the final half-brother has yet to be cast. Nolte will play Sandler’s long-lost father; Parnell a bankmanager; Lovitz a wealthy industrialist and Cummings his flirtatious wife. Forte and Trejo will play the leaders of rival gangs, while Buscemi will play a local jack-of-all-trades. Shelton is in line to play Wyatt Earp, while Vanilla Ice has been tipped to play Mark Twain.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I find the ridiculousness of this plotline potentially funny. It is Adam though and his movies as of late...blah!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix Defends Adam Sandler “Satire” After Native American Actors Walk Off Over Script

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...off-over-script/ar-AAbA27Z?ocid=ansDeadline11

Over two months since The Ridiculous Six was hit with a crew member accident, the Netflix comedy is now in a cultural storm. About a dozen Native American actors walked off the New Mexico set of the Adam Sandler pic on Wednesday over depictions in the script. They are saying that the Western was insulting to “native women and elders and grossly misrepresented Apache culture” according to reports. However, Netflix says today that is part of what Ridiculous Six is supposed to be about.

“The movie has ridiculous in the title for a reason: because it is ridiculous,” said a spokesperson for the streaming service Thursday. “It is a broad satire of Western movies and the stereotypes they popularized, featuring a diverse cast that is not only part of — but in on — the joke.” Sources say that despite the exiting of the Native American actors, there was no interruption in filming on the feature. Nick Nolte, Terry Crews, Steve Buscemi, Will Forte, Luke Wilson and Whitney Cummings are among the co-stars in the pic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Netflix is treating this as if it's Blazing Saddles and not a worse version of A Million Ways to Die in the West. This is a disaster of epic proportions and shows just how awful Adam Sandler really is.

Even though I don't agree with Netflix, they are doing what they need to do since they've already sunk so much money in the project.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix Defends Adam Sandler “Satire” After Native American Actors Walk Off Over Script

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...off-over-script/ar-AAbA27Z?ocid=ansDeadline11

Over two months since The Ridiculous Six was hit with a crew member accident, the Netflix comedy is now in a cultural storm. About a dozen Native American actors walked off the New Mexico set of the Adam Sandler pic on Wednesday over depictions in the script. They are saying that the Western was insulting to “native women and elders and grossly misrepresented Apache culture” according to reports. However, Netflix says today that is part of what Ridiculous Six is supposed to be about.

“The movie has ridiculous in the title for a reason: because it is ridiculous,” said a spokesperson for the streaming service Thursday. “It is a broad satire of Western movies and the stereotypes they popularized, featuring a diverse cast that is not only part of — but in on — the joke.” Sources say that despite the exiting of the Native American actors, there was no interruption in filming on the feature. Nick Nolte, Terry Crews, Steve Buscemi, Will Forte, Luke Wilson and Whitney Cummings are among the co-stars in the pic.

The names Sandler gave the female cast and some of the things he was having them do was truly offensive.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The examples of disrespect included Native women’s names such as Beaver’s Breath and No Bra, an actress portraying an Apache woman squatting and urinating while smoking a peace pipe, and feathers inappropriately positioned on a teepee.

:shrug:

(Tapatalk crashes when I try to use quote tags)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Released on Netflix yesterday:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I watched this last night. It was indeed ridiculous... but it did have a few laugh out loud moments

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
how many edibles did you eat before watching?

none...unless...hmmm...gonna have to check that gourmet chocolate bar I snuck out of my moms snack drawer...

but honestly,... that part where they were all singing while bathing in the pond was pretty funny

taylor lautner played the idiot really well... so much so that I had to look up the cast and see who it was...recognized him, but didnt recognize him...know what I mean?

but ya know.... thinking back on that real strong neck scene....it would have been hilarious if I had been stoned, lol... might have to watch it again

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
none...unless...hmmm...gonna have to check that gourmet chocolate bar I snuck out of my moms snack drawer...

but honestly,... that part where they were all singing while bathing in the pond was pretty funny

taylor lautner played the idiot really well... so much so that I had to look up the cast and see who it was...recognized him, but didnt recognize him...know what I mean?

but ya know.... thinking back on that real strong neck scene....it would have been hilarious if I had been stoned, lol... might have to watch it again

lol... no. I watched it pretty drunk and still remember thinking I'd rather be masturbating with a cheese-grater over watching another minute. But the girl I was with loved Adam Sandler (which I get if you're talking Hannukah song, Billy, Happy, Wedding Singer or even Big Daddy... but I'm talking ALL Sandler). That should have been a MASSIVE RED FLAG.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
lol... no. I watched it pretty drunk and still remember thinking I'd rather be masturbating with a cheese-grater over watching another minute. But the girl I was with loved Adam Sandler (which I get if you're talking Hannukah song, Billy, Happy, Wedding Singer or even Big Daddy... but I'm talking ALL Sandler). That should have been a MASSIVE RED FLAG.

lol... have to say I am kinda a sandler fan...which surprises me because I hated him on snl...

just watched the Do Over today... it wasnt...horrible

cheese grater hunh?? hmm......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... have to say I am kinda a sandler fan...which surprises me because I hated him on snl...

just watched the Do Over today... it wasnt...horrible

cheese grater hunh?? hmm......

oh man... COME ON! Is the Do Over the one where Sander may or may not be a super spy who ends up curing cancer?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh man... COME ON! Is the Do Over the one where Sander may or may not be a super spy who ends up curing cancer?

I haven't seen R6 but I thought Do Over fell somewhere between Big Daddy and Waterboy. I know we disagree on this but I'd put all 3 of those movies above Billy Madison. Minus the ending (and the whole Buscemi thing), I thought that was one of the lamest movies I've ever watched.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen R6 but I thought Do Over fell somewhere between Big Daddy and Waterboy. I know we disagree on this but I'd put all 3 of those movies above Billy Madison. Minus the ending (and the whole Buscemi thing), I thought that was one of the lamest movies I've ever watched.

come on... the Do You Have Any More Gum was better than anything in those three movies!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on... the Do You Have Any More Gum was better than anything in those three movies!

I just don't see it. I've only watched the movie twice but I don't have it in me to give it another try. Of course, I'm not watching Big Daddy, Waterboy or Do Over ever again either. I'd say the highlight of all 3 of these movies is Steve Buscemi's story but it wasn't enough to save the movie for me (not by a long shot).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see it. I've only watched the movie twice but I don't have it in me to give it another try. Of course, I'm not watching Big Daddy, Waterboy or Do Over ever again either. I'd say the highlight of all 3 of these movies is Steve Buscemi's story but it wasn't enough to save the movie for me (not by a long shot).

On this we can agree. Buscemi is consistently the best part of all the early Sandler flicks.

“I love The Beach Boys!”

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On this we can agree. Buscemi is consistently the best part of all the early Sandler flicks.

I love The Beach Boys!”

I had to google it, I had forgotten that Buscemi was in Mr Deeds. Again, another Sandler movie I can do without.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to google it, I had forgotten that Buscemi was in Mr Deeds. Again, another Sandler movie I can do without.

Lol... you and me be on different Sandler wavelengths! Deeds is one of his more watchable terrible movies, mostly because of Buscemi and Turturro’s ridiculous performances.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sandler’s newer stuff is junk but I can watch Big Daddy or Water Boy any day of the week. The wife and I love 50 First Dates too. Blended was OK. I can’t forget about Wedding Singer, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sandler’s newer stuff is junk but I can watch Big Daddy or Water Boy any day of the week. The wife and I love 50 First Dates too. Blended was OK. I can’t forget about Wedding Singer, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

I probably would have been okay with 50 First Dates but I worked at the production company for it and read the script a couple years before it came out when it was still called Fifty First Kisses and that draft was SOOOOOOO much better than what ended up on screen.

Same thing with Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. The draft I read of that script is still, to this day, the single best piece of ANY kind of writing my eyes have ever had the pleasure of reading. The movie was still solid, but the script was just like reading a waking dream.

Winslet was picture perfect from script to screen as Clementine, but I never bought Carrey as the Joel I read on the page.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We like 50 First Dates quite a bit too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson