RichRod to be Fired

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this on another message board about the UofA recruiting. Is this correct? Doesn't seem like Sumlin will have much of a recruiting impact for next year's team at least.

Next year, Sumlin will tear up Edwards' class.

This wasn't like Jimbo Fisher coming in at A&M with two full months to work with. Fisher got 6 four star recruits yesterday, flipping two who had committed to Alabama. Sumlin had no bullets in the gun he was given for this year. Fisher kept most of Sumlin's class and added a couple.

ASU fans will not want to admit they blew it on Sumlin. Remember the day of the Territorial Cup and Sumlin was the hot rumor for ASU? I do. And, instead of a proven recruiter, they bet the house on an old man who hasn't coached or recruited in 30 years. A blowhard whose real job qualification was he was one of the best friends of the Athletic Director.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Recruiting rankings are so stupid. Once you get past the top 10-15 programs who everyone knows are going to get their choice of the best players it's all a crapshoot.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might hurt on that end, but ASU hiring Herm and us hiring Sumlin helps so it's likely a break even.

I would take Herm over Wildcat football players gang-raping female students any day of the week. That's not going to "break even" even with Sumlin.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Because Heeke needs another headache on his hands, RichRod is suing the University.

EDIT: Not the university, but countersuit against the lady accusing him of sexual misconduct.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have a 14-10 lead thanks to a kickoff return, but freaking Southern Utah is dominating us statistically. I am starting to wonder if we have another John Mackovic situation on our hands...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Does everyone forget that outside of a one month stretch last season when Tate took everyone by surprise that UofA has been arguably the worst team in the conference over the last 3 years?

Mackovic took over a program 2 years removed from a 12-1 season. Rodriguez was banging his mistress during his recruiting trips instead of trying to find players.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Does everyone forget that outside of a one month stretch last season when Tate took everyone by surprise that UofA has been arguably the worst team in the conference over the last 3 years?

Mackovic took over a program 2 years removed from a 12-1 season. Rodriguez was banging his mistress during his recruiting trips instead of trying to find players.

That still shouldn't make us bad enough to get dominated at home by Southern Utah.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fortunately they woke up in the second half to avoid a colossal embarrassment. Defense remains alarmingly bad, though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose