RichRod to be Fired

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah, high and mighty Todd Graham's coaching staff was plowing through coeds left and right.

I understand it's impossible to totally control 100 males between the ages of 18 and 35 which an entire football program consists of but yeah most of these guys are complete frauds.

Yeah, I heard Norvell is out because he can’t pass a background check due to behavior at asu

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I just read that report, and yeah pretty much all the accusations can either be corroborated or disproved very easily. And based on her choice of attorneys my guess is most of it is BS.

That being said, he still should be fired just solely on the affair stuff which he admitted.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This might take Les out of the running.

Pat Forde already disputed this. Les Miles is a serious candidate for the job

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in America who is faithful to his wife.

Did the NAU football coach at least get to keep his job? Everyone else is out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Pat Forde already disputed this. Les Miles is a serious candidate for the job

Forde and Feldman have conflicting reports but there's no way Heeke can sign off on Hugh Freeze being a coordinator given his past.

Sumlin and Yates have worked together before. I wonder if he'd be open to retaining him given the players loyalty to Yates.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Forde and Feldman have conflicting reports but there's no way Heeke can sign off on Hugh Freeze being a coordinator given his past.

Sumlin and Yates have worked together before. I wonder if he'd be open to retaining him given the players loyalty to Yates.

The more I read, the more I think Sumlin isn't a serious candidate. He isn't squeaky clean, even though his past is mild by comparison.

I think Les Miles is a serious candidate and the leader in the clubhouse as of today.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in America who is faithful to his wife.

Did the NAU football coach at least get to keep his job? Everyone else is out.

Unfortunately, yes Jerome Souers is still the HC at NAU

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The more I read, the more I think Sumlin isn't a serious candidate. He isn't squeaky clean, even though his past is mild by comparison.

I think Les Miles is a serious candidate and the leader in the clubhouse as of today.

Les is older and has had QB issues but maybe he's more willing to adapt after getting fired and being out of work. Plus Baton Rouge is 100x the pressure cooker that Tucson is. Obviously the staff he puts together is huge. All the players and some highly rated recruits are campaigning for Yates to stay on.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yep that’s true. Tides turn very quickly.

Heeke has already wiped out the entire offensive coaching staff, which is telling if you consider that Yates has worked with Sumlin in the past

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I don't know why there should even be a debate.

No debate, but Sumlin had some of the most expensive assistants last year, and if he hopes to get them paid the same and not consider cheaper assistants, it may be a pipe dream. The limitations the ABOR puts on us could kill this whole thing unless some big boosters come through in the clutch.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
The Ace of football has spoken...

I wouldnt call him the "Ace" of football. That site steals other's content and advertises it as its own. Scheer threatened to sue the site at one point.

I highly doubt they have any legit inside sources. Kudos to them if it is Sumlin and they had a scoop, but I highly doubt it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No debate, but Sumlin had some of the most expensive assistants last year, and if he hopes to get them paid the same and not consider cheaper assistants, it may be a pipe dream. The limitations the ABOR puts on us could kill this whole thing unless some big boosters come through in the clutch.

Definitely sounds like money will kill it. :bang:

I like Yates but he sounds like the cheaper option and the players have been advocating.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg

As Arizona mulls coaching choice (could come tonight), consider: Arizona has 9 or more wins three times since 1986. Ken Niumatalolo has 9+ wins five times since 2009. When Jim Tressel was at OSU, he told me he hoped Ken would never enter the B1G. Pac-12 coaches feel the same way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose