RichRod meeting with South Carolina

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-wildcats-steve-spurrier-shawn-elliott-120315

Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez is set to meet with South Carolina about the Gamecocks' coaching vacancy, a source told FOX Sports college football insider Bruce Feldman on Thursday morning.

The 52-year-old Rodriguez, a former Clemson OC, won the Pac-12 South in 2014, going 10-4. It was only the second 10-win season Arizona’s had in program history. He is 32-20 at 'Zona and has beaten four Top 10 teams the past four seasons.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-wildcats-steve-spurrier-shawn-elliott-120315

Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez is set to meet with South Carolina about the Gamecocks' coaching vacancy, a source told FOX Sports college football insider Bruce Feldman on Thursday morning.

The 52-year-old Rodriguez, a former Clemson OC, won the Pac-12 South in 2014, going 10-4. It was only the second 10-win season Arizona’s had in program history. He is 32-20 at 'Zona and has beaten four Top 10 teams the past four seasons.

3rd actually. Still pretty abysmal however.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He's not getting a raise after a 6-6 season.

I know RichRod told them his price would be $5mil/year, which is basically saying, "I'm only interested if you overpay."

It sounds like Muschamp is going to be the guy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN reporting Rich Rod was offered the job and shot em down.

TJ

Reaction score
Good. Move on and get some better defensive recruits

TJ

Reaction score
I wish he left

For who? Sonny Dykes?

We would've been in a world of **** had he left. There are few viable candidates right now.

If he struggles next season, the seat will get a bit warmer.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For who? Sonny Dykes?

We would've been in a world of **** had he left. There are few viable candidates right now.

If he struggles next season, the seat will get a bit warmer.
The only thing that's a world of **** is his defense.

3/4 losing conference seasons and 1-3 vs ASU and people act like he's irreplaceable. Give me a break.

I won't even go into his annual drama either. Rich Rod needs to quit crying about what he doesn't have, stop making Youtube videos, and recruit better football players. I'm not that old but I remember a time when coaches made the best of what they had. It's a novel concept I know.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
The only thing that's a world of **** is his defense.

3/4 losing conference seasons and 1-3 vs ASU and people act like he's irreplaceable. Give me a break.

I won't even go into his annual drama either. Rich Rod needs to quit crying about what he doesn't have, stop making Youtube videos, and recruit better football players. I'm not that old but I remember a time when coaches made the best of what they had. It's a novel concept I know.

And four straight bowl appearances, including a NY6 bowl, a division title, and likely winning seasons each year he's been at Arizona. We can attribute much of the woes from this season to the myriad of injuries, particularly playing six Mike LBs.

I get the notion that he's not irreplaceable, but who'd be a better coach at the moment for the program? He's accomplished more in four years than Macovic and Stoops did combined in their 12 years of futility. Also, RichRod, along with Byrne, have been instrumental in the development of the facilities and the much needed stadium upgrades.

Moving forward, he does need to do a better job recruiting on defense and needs better position coaches on defense (Casteel and the 3-3-5 aren't going anywhere), which I've heard is likely to happen; and those position coaches need to be great recruiters, too. Part of the reason we don't recruit defense well is because our best recruiters are offensively minded. RichRod can get four-star QBs without trying, but settles for borderline 3-star talent on defense? With the 3-3-5, you should have no problem getting a handful of high-tier LBs and DBs. Scooby was a windfall.

What's surprising to realize is that despite all of the angst about him snooping around at other jobs, he's only done one interview. Most of the rumors have been manifestations from the media for click-bait. His loyalty will come into question, but Miller was a cheeseburger away from taking the Maryland job, and Olson interviewed for Kentucky.

I'm fairly confident that this season was an aberration and that next will yield much better results. The silver lining for having to play so many true freshmen due to injuries is that they have lots of on field experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA