Richard Sherman

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“They didn’t do anything that was really difficult” referring to our offense. Ya ok Richard whatever that means...

There is nothing really special about the Cardinals offense to begin with, we have just been sold a bill of goods that the offense is innovative. NFL teams have been running the same plays for years.

Additionally, the Niners had plenty on tape so very little surprised them.

Don't hate Sherman because he is right.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is nothing really special about the Cardinals offense to begin with, we have just been sold a bill of goods that the offense is innovative. NFL teams have been running the same plays for years.

Didn’t say I hated him for it, just struck me as a strange and arrogant thing to say I guess

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn’t say I hated him for it, just struck me as a strange and arrogant thing to say I guess

This is Richard Sherman in a nutshell.

The Cardinals had more offensive success against that defense than anyone else. They can point the fingers at themselves, or they can be humble and admit that the Cardinals made some plays too.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

The media sold that bill of goods. KK said all along there would be elements of air raid, but it would be an NFL offense. People chose to not listen to coach and only listen to ESPN, et al.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Sherman missed 2 tackles which led two touchdowns. And got beat in coverage for a 3rd.

But at least 9ers fans arent starting a bunch of threads on his bad game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sherman missed 2 tackles which led two touchdowns. And got beat in coverage for a 3rd.

But at least 9ers fans arent starting a bunch of threads on his bad game.

Sigh.... I don't remember Sherman doing any half-assed jogging.

PP's allowed to have a bad play or even game... But that wasn't a bad day...It was a complete lack of effort, anyone who thinks differently... clearly didn't watch the entire game.

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I suspect in two weeks we may see a different Niner defense facing the Cardinals and it may not be pretty. I think Sherman is already planting seeds for the rematch.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think the mannerisms of Sherman in how he portrays his point of view makes some upset but I have no problem with him at all and his game is very much like Aeneas Williams... he's intelligent in his contemplation (though one might no agree with his thoughts) but he's a technician with passion and has my respect

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'll say it. Can't stand the dude, never liked him & he is one of the main reasons I hate the "Shehawks" to this day & he no longer plays for them lol. Showed his true punk ass colors the way he screamed towards that female reporter, after beating the 49ers in that NFC championship game. I celebrate every single time he gets beat for a TD.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I suspect in two weeks we may see a different Niner defense facing the Cardinals and it may not be pretty. I think Sherman is already planting seeds for the rematch.
Do you think the Cardinals are not planting those same seeds? Works both ways. Sherman is a punk.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sigh.... I don't remember Sherman doing any half-assed jogging.

PP's allowed to have a bad play or even game... But that wasn't a bad day...It was a complete lack of effort, anyone who thinks differently... clearly didn't watch the entire game.
PP to me has lost a step, just can't hang with faster players any longer, especially on slant routes. Here's for hoping I'm wrong & he's just out of shape.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is Richard Sherman in a nutshell.

The Cardinals had more offensive success against that defense than anyone else. They can point the fingers at themselves, or they can be humble and admit that the Cardinals made some plays too.
Yes sir, not like our defense didn't miss assignments & Tackles also. He's just pissed because the Cardinals had success against him & that defense & wants to run his mouth.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
PP to me has lost a step, just can't hang with faster players any longer, especially on slant routes. Here's for hoping I'm wrong & he's just out of shape.
Not sure that's accurate. Murphy got beat on slant routes as well.

Cards d needs to fix the mental errors but not sure that will happen immediately playing so many young guy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are funny.

sherman can act like a jerk. But the truth is, most of the time he’s right. When he’s not he actually apologizes for it. He was t wrong in anything he said here and he explicitly included himself in the criticism. Smart opportunity for him to keep his young defense focused.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's definitely a douchebag, but the dude gets by because he's extremely intelligent & knows how to compensate for his lack of physical talent. PP21 is the opposite. He was extremely physically talented, but not very intelligent. As he loses a step or two (which it appears he has), it remains to be seen if he can make the same compensations that Sherman has. Sherman went to Stanford & PP went to LSU. Need I say more.

Reaction score
“They didn’t do anything that was really difficult” referring to our offense. Ya ok Richard whatever that means...

49ers fan here...

I can see how that can be interpreted as throwing shade at the Cardinals, but having followed Sherman I have no doubt that was more a statement directed at his own teammates. Internal psychology, in essence, “We played like doodoo, and if you get too high on yourself you can be humbled by any team.”

It’s the first Cardinals game I watched and I think they are much better than their record. Here’s a few things I think the 49ers had problems with.

- The Cardinals did an amazing job with misdirection. Sitting comfortably in my chair with the bird’s eye view of the cameras, even I had a hard time telling where the ball was for the first second or two of some of the plays. That 1 or 2 seconds of misdirection or hesitation will kill a defense.

- The Cardinals were shockingly good at stopping the run. But they did so by selling out to the run entirely, which allowed Garoppolo to have the game he did. The 49ers should have exploited that more, but they stubbornly stuck to their game plan even though the run just wasn’t working. 1st and 10? Let’s run it for a 2 yard loss. Every. Single. Time.

- Despite not having a reputable offense of line, the Cardinals did an amazing job containing Nick Bosa.

- Kyler Murray is legit. Prior to the game I thought the Cardinals screwed up by not picking Nick Bosa. Now I believe both teams (Niners, Cards) got exactly what they needed.

- On a short week the 49ers weren’t able to game plan well against a mobile quarterback. This game plus a mini-bye is an excellent opportunity to expose and address weaknesses. Very timely for having to face Russell Wilson.

- In total the Cardinals look like a promising team, and all four teams got kind of screwed being put together in the same division.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave