Rian Johnson Developing New Star Wars Trilogy

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I will reserve judgement until I actually see Rian’s work. Another big studio gave another guy named Snyder a multi-movie deal too.
Only difference is that Rian Johnson is arguably a much better filmmaker, he just doesn't have the box office support that Snyder had.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only difference is that Rian Johnson is arguably a much better filmmaker, he just doesn't have the box office support that Snyder had.

Good point. I'm just not ready to get excited before I see the end result. I mean if this ends up being a very mediocre Star Wars film, the enthusiasm for his trilogy will take a hit. I think it will be good if the trailers are any indication but we shall see.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After watching 8, you'll see how Johnson has kicked the doors open for a new story.

It's time to let old things die

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much more excited to see what Rian can do with a brand new trilogy than the end of the other he just played around with.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
what the hell...keep it going....
I just heard they are letting Tarrentino do Star Trek...
anyone need work as a red shirt? be curious to see what he does with a core of characters that cant die...unless they go alternate universe...or are just killing the series....

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have Tourette's Jar Jar create, star and direct a SW trilogy and be forced to watch it while fire ants nibble my nethers than let this monstrosity within a million light years of Star Wars again. This author is a RJ sycophant obsessed with Reylo and RJ just fed her fetish. No dates, no stories. If Lucasfilm wants to salvage SW at all, they will let his supposed trilogy die a quiet and needed death.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson