Revisiting CBD for pain

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Russ Smith, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Awhile back I mentioned looking at CBD creams for pain for my knee. I have had 3 surgeries on the right one and now have a slight meniscus tear in the left. Chondroitin helps, so does turmeric(occasionally upsets my stomach) but the left has been bothering me going down stairs so I revisited CBD and finally pulled the trigger. I bought stick on patches, 15 for about 35 bucks. Man what a difference!

I was struggling to go downstairs normally, had to go one at a time even with a neoprene sleeve on. Put a patch on each knee and 2 minutes later the pain was reduced. 4 days after I could still go downstairs normally it IMO not just reduced the pain but freed up movement in the knee. They're not cheap but so far I'm very happy with them see link below.

2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

That's pretty wild that it's that useful. Maybe if you got a cream it could cost less?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Russ Smith

That's what I'm thinking too I'm just not sure how long the cream would last. The patch lasts 24 hours so it's very convenient to use.

The company doesn't seem to make it in a cream so I'm looking at other creams.

Its' the weirdest thing there's no sensation at all, no smell, you just put the patch on and for me in less than 5 minutes there's a significant reduction in pain. No warm sensation or numbing or anything like that, it just doesn't hurt as much.

4. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Where did you purchase it? That link on post #1 seems to be the Amazon home page.

5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

amazon links tend to do that on here

6. Russ Smith

weird I got it from Amazon.

Work blocks my amazon account now but it's called Purity Hemp Naturals Pain relief, they are patches I got 15 in mine.

There is a weird thing with it but I assume it's normal. My right knee I've had 3 surgeries so I have a big vertical scar right over the kneecap and then 2 lateral ones across below and above the kneecap. When I put the patch it goes there. When I take the patch off 24 hours later I have a dark bluish black line where the scar is. Whatever is released from the patch seems to color in the scar lines. It washes off easily with soap but the first time I saw it i was quite surprised.

7. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Is this it?

[​IMG]