Return of the Jedi (includes spoilers)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi is a 1983 American epic space opera film directed by Richard Marquand and written by George Lucas and Lawrence Kasdan, with Lucas as executive producer. It is chronologically the sixth film in the Star Wars franchise and the first film to use THX technology. The film is set approximately one year after Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back[2] and was produced by Howard Kazanjian and Lucasfilm Ltd.
The evil Galactic Empire, under the direction of the ruthless Emperor Palpatine, is constructing a second Death Star in order to crush the Rebel Alliance. Since Palpatine plans to personally oversee the final stages of its construction, the Rebel Fleet launches a full-scale attack on the Death Star in order to prevent its completion and kill Palpatine, effectively bringing an end to the Empire. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker, a Rebel leader and Jedi Apprentice, struggles to bring Darth Vader, who is his father Anakin and himself a fallen Jedi, back from the Dark Side of the Force.

I had seen parts of this as a kid, but I wanted to sit down and watch it from start to finish. I wasn't really a fan of all the creatures, but I was a fan of Princess Leia's outfit.

The scene with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor was pretty awesome.

I look forward to watching the next three in the theater.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Re-watched this recently to get ready for the new one when it gets released on dvd.

Although they are featured in the movie, the name "Ewoks" was never mentioned.

Interesting.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-watched this recently to get ready for the new one when it gets released on dvd.

Although they are featured in the movie, the name "Ewoks" was never mentioned.

Interesting.

Ewok was just the PC name. They're really known throughout the universe as 'murder bears'.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kids love the original Care Bear movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
40th anniversary out this weekend. First memory of going to a movie theater with my dad I’ve ever had so I took my 7-year-old son yesterday.

This movie gets a bad rap but if you think about it, out of 9 movies it’s top 3. That’s not too shabby. It was the special edition which is somehow not as good as the original but still fun.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
40th anniversary out this weekend. First memory of going to a movie theater with my dad I’ve ever had so I took my 7-year-old son yesterday.

This movie gets a bad rap but if you think about it, out of 9 movies it’s top 3. That’s not too shabby. It was the special edition which is somehow not as good as the original but still fun.

That's awesome. Empire Strikes Back was the first movie I remember seeing in the theater and the only movie I ever saw with my grandma. The scenes with the walkers absolutely blew my mind at 6 years old.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One of the most iconic movie lines ever..

"No... I am your father."

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Empire Strikes Back? :shrug:
Yep..... at the end of the movie, just before Luke takes the long fall, ending up on an antennae on the bottom of the cloud city.

My bad..... I thought ESB was what you were referring to.....

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

It's the first I remember going to too. It was the old theater at PV Mall and I remember the speeder bikes making my mom sick due to us sitting too close to the screen. Good times. :)

It gets the bad rap mainly due to the Ewoks. It Lucas had stuck to using Wookiees instead...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's the first I remember going to too. It was the old theater at PV Mall and I remember the speeder bikes making my mom sick due to us sitting too close to the screen. Good times. :)

It gets the bad rap mainly due to the Ewoks. It Lucas had stuck to using Wookiees instead...
I believe I saw it at the old Kachina in downtown Scottsdale.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My main two beefs with RotJ Special Edition are:

1. The "new and improved" song in Jabba's Palace sucks. The old one was killer.

2. Replacing Anakin's ghost with Christensen's face. Seriously? Ben and Yoda spend their entire lives fighting for good and they get to look ancient in the afterworld, yet Ani does the old deathbed confession/presto-change-o redemption thing for five minutes before he dies and gets to spend eternity as an youthful dreamboat. Total BS.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My main two beefs with RotJ Special Edition are:

1. The "new and improved" song in Jabba's Palace sucks. The old one was killer.

2. Replacing Anakin's ghost with Christensen's face. Seriously? Ben and Yoda spend their entire lives fighting for good and they get to look ancient in the afterworld, yet Ani does the old deathbed confession/presto-change-o redemption thing for five minutes before he dies and gets to spend eternity as an youthful dreamboat. Total BS.

Yeah the new song sucked. In terms of the force ghost? I would have had zero issue with it had they replaced Obi’s younger self as well. It would have been consistent.

The one thing I loved about all the special editions was the updated FX. They should keep all of those changes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I also had my 7 year old power through Star Wars and Empire to watch this in the theater.

She loved the ewoks. She asked if Chewbacca was an ewok
The irony in this is that it's sort of true?!? Well actually the other way around. Ewok's were supposed to be Wookies in the original treatment of the movie but because of budget, the Ewok's were born.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The irony in this is that it's sort of true?!? Well actually the other way around. Ewok's were supposed to be Wookies in the original treatment of the movie but because of budget, the Ewok's were born.
Sort of. It was actually the original treatment for Star Wars (aka A New Hope) that had Wookies in a huge battle.

Here's a quick recap on what happened:

How the Ewoks in 'Return of the Jedi' Started Out as Wookiees​

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose