reported FA deals

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised Boban was available and that cheaply. It was like watching Andre the Giant trying to play basketball but he sure beat us up whenever we played the Spurs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised Boban was available and that cheaply. It was like watching Andre the Giant trying to play basketball but he sure beat us up whenever we played the Spurs.

It was a good signing for the price. Detroit has a lot of big men that should retain their value. They can always be traded for an asset to a team in need.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd barely heard of him. Had to look up who he was. Looks like the Spurs have conned someone on a European big man again.

He moves like Muresan on a bad day but he gave us fits once he reached the paint.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Marjanovic is an RFA so the Spurs can match - and I'll be surprised if they don't. Statistically he's the best novice center in the league and, offensively, his numbers, on a per minute basis rank him with the top Cs. He shoots 60% and scores 21 pts/36. He also gets to FT line 8.1 times / 36 - better than any C but Deandre, but he makes 75% of his (about twice as many as D. does). Better than average rebounder on top of that. I rather doubt he becomes a starter because of his slowness afoot but what a guy to bring off the bench!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Marjanovic is an RFA so the Spurs can match - and I'll be surprised if they don't. Statistically he's the best novice center in the league and, offensively, his numbers, on a per minute basis rank him with the top Cs. He shoots 60% and scores 21 pts/36. He also gets to FT line 8.1 times / 36 - better than any C but Deandre, but he makes 75% of his (about twice as many as D. does). Better than average rebounder on top of that. I rather doubt he becomes a starter because of his slowness afoot but what a guy to bring off the bench!
They signed Dedmon to replace him so I doubt they match.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Who's gone and who's been added to the Warriors?

+ Durant
+ David West
- Barbosa
- Speights
- Barnes?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jordan Hill Agrees To Two-Year, $8M Deal With Wolves: basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242833…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much cake being thrown around. Something tells me you will see many of these guys be part of salary expiration deals in the future.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, the Suns haven't signed Leandro yet, and do not plan to until after the Olympics. Could things change?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the Suns haven't signed Leandro yet, and do not plan to until after the Olympics. Could things change?

I don't think so. Leandro seems to be a man of his word. Maybe the Suns are delaying his signing to maximize salary space.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Free agent guard Randy Foye has agreed on a one-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jordan Hill Agrees To Two-Year, $8M Deal With Wolves: basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242833…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Wolves depth in their front court is unreal

They have Towns, Dieng, Pekovic, Aldrich and now Hill. I may even be missing a player or two as well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of hope Bennet turns into a worthwhile asset. Brooklyn as so little on the shelf. They need to gather some players so other teams can actually make trades with them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Wolves gave up on Bennett so quickly. There is no way he should have gone #1 overall and he was a big reach but in that draft he still would have been a lottery pick. Another team might have stuck through the growing pains with him if he was picked in the teens. Unrealistic expectations were put on him based on where he was drafted though. He had 1 year Cleveland, which was probably his best or he showed the most flashes there, then Minnesota bought him out before training camp in what would have been his 3rd year. He then played sparingly in Toronto before being waived towards the end of the year. I know his commitment has been questioned but I think in his case you can also question the commitment teams had for him in additition to what they expect him to be. Hope he does well in Brooklyn also. I can't remember a #1 overall pick being out of the league after 3 years outside of Oden, which was health related.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Manu ginobili 1yr/14 million

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Just read this about Manu's contract. That's a pretty shady thing for Philly to do. I can't blame Manu entirely for considering it because $30 million is $30 million. I wonder if he really would have signed with the 76ers though. For him to consider it has to be attributed to the culture JC has brought to Philly. Going from the best managed team of the last decade to the worst would be something he'd most likely regret, even if there are new front office people running the show.

http://clutchpoints.com/the-76ers-o...ed-spurs-to-triple-offer-and-let-go-of-boban/

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Wolves gave up on Bennett so quickly. There is no way he should have gone #1 overall and he was a big reach but in that draft he still would have been a lottery pick. Another team might have stuck through the growing pains with him if he was picked in the teens. Unrealistic expectations were put on him based on where he was drafted though. He had 1 year Cleveland, which was probably his best or he showed the most flashes there, then Minnesota bought him out before training camp in what would have been his 3rd year. He then played sparingly in Toronto before being waived towards the end of the year. I know his commitment has been questioned but I think in his case you can also question the commitment teams had for him in additition to what they expect him to be. Hope he does well in Brooklyn also. I can't remember a #1 overall pick being out of the league after 3 years outside of Oden, which was health related.

Maybe there's more to it than him not being a very good basketball player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miles Plumlee gets a 4 year $52 million deal from the Bucks. Wow. Has he done anything recently?

5.1 points
3.8 rebounds
14.3 minutes
17.4 PER

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave