Report: Raiders expected to not take QB

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is smokescreen season, for one, and for two, I don't trust Michael Gehlken to really have an inside track. He's a Vegas reporter living in the Bay Area, but really spent his career focused on the Chargers.

He just doesn't have the real connections.

All that aside, this team is not trading out of the pick - no one wants it enough. And it'd be a bad idea.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is smokescreen season, for one, and for two, I don't trust Michael Gehlken to really have an inside track. He's a Vegas reporter living in the Bay Area, but really spent his career focused on the Chargers.

All that aside, this team is not trading out of the pick - no one wants it enough. And it'd be a bad idea.

No one is going to show their hand before the draft unless it's the Cardinals.

And I've seen no evidence of them being locked on a player.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

To put it another way: The Cardinals are picking 1st, until they aren't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Nobody will trade up to #1 for a DE. The dropoff from Bosa to Quinnen or Josh Allen is very small, if there is a dropoff at all. And don't forget about the deep pool of highly talented DEs in this draft.

Only way we are able to sell the #1 pick is for a QB.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coming in this was thought to be a weak QB class and nothing has changed that...Nobody close to being worth the first overall..The Murray hype all media created..

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody will trade up to #1 for a DE. The dropoff from Bosa to Quinnen or Josh Allen is very small, if there is a dropoff at all. And don't forget about the deep pool of highly talented DEs in this draft.

Only way we are able to sell the #1 pick is for a QB.
Agree but don't think anyone will trade up to #1 this year. Price is too high.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Makes sense considering this is one of the worst QB classes in years. Come get Bosa Oakland.

Mmm the thing about the bad class is a subject used every years

For example 2017 qb class was considered not really good on paper

Mitch trubisky one year wonder qb
Desaun Watson people skeptical about the translation to the nfl and with a couple of bad injuries
Mahomes from texas tech, great arm but lot of questions about coming from spread offense

And was one of the best class in 30years

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see loudmouth Mike Mayock fail miserably. This is not the NFL network where you pat yourself on the back because you have tape of a seventh rounder from the University of Scranton

Reactions: PJ1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA