BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JAN 07 (with the JJ and Hudson moves)

2023 Cap space: $31,802,236

----

$43,802,236 with the eventual release of R. Anderson

There's another easy $7m+ available too

I like trading back even more. Pick up a bunch of extra picks. Fill out the roster with younger players and blood them next year so that by the time Kylers back we can maybe put a run together. And add some younger FA vets with the healthy cap space we have.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I like trading back even more. Pick up a bunch of extra picks. Fill out the roster with younger players and blood them next year so that by the time Kylers back we can maybe put a run together. And add some younger FA vets with the healthy cap space we have.

If they trade DHop there is an $8.1 gain to the Cap with a $22m (dead money) hit. I can't calculate it precisely, but it would be considerably more than that if they could split the Cap ramifications of the said 'dead money' hit. It would probably mean that the bulk of the savings would be post-June 1, which is ok because it would pay for the draft class.

I wouldn't trade back from pick #3, but possibly from #4. Definitely try to move around in the latter rounds to build the belly of the team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they trade DHop there is an $8.1 gain to the Cap with a $22m (dead money) hit. I can't calculate it precisely, but it would be considerably more than that if they could split the Cap ramifications of the said 'dead money' hit. It would probably mean that the bulk of the savings would be post-June 1, which is ok because it would pay for the draft class.

They can split it with a post June 1st designation. So $11m this year and $11m the year after which is most likely. So an extra $19m next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They can split it with a post June 1st designation. So $11m this year and $11m the year after which is most likely. So an extra $19m next year.
If he retires I don’t think it matters. The most important consideration is that $1 million roster bonus he was due in March.

If he took it as a signing bonus and retires, it gets spread over the remainder of the deal.

If they got rid of it altogether weird chose but also awesome.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This was how I was looking at it.

And it would an extra $19m this year, with the $11m available after June 1.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he retires I don’t think it matters. The most important consideration is that $1 million roster bonus he was due in March.

If he took it as a signing bonus and retires, it gets spread over the remainder of the deal.

Sorry was talking about D-Hop on that one. Not Hudson. We digressed.

This is going to be a problem for us next season. It's not a great draft for C. There are no sure fire hits. It's going to take some actual good scouting which rules us out. I like Steve Avila from TCU about as much as anyone else but it's a tough group.

And FA really sucks too. It's a real bunch of crap.

I'd like to see them work Leccy Smith into the position. It might be the best option.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We were discussing a DHop trade, and his $22m 'dead' money hit.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He's all but retired. You get the sense that he never really wanted to be here and the 11 win season just delayed the inevitable.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Gotta love you guys, Cardinal fans for years and still dreaming such positive dreams of the future. You forget to add, when KM gets back they can get back working on that cure for cancer.

We are the Cardinals, damn it. Stop with all this stuff of dreams!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
usually i am up on the salary cap maneuvers --

but if he is retiring -- why does his 2023 salary matter at all?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose