Removing Skkorp's Final Post

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After talking with Shaggy he suggested I post this question, to see what people thought.

I just noticed that Skkorp's final postings were removed from this forum as a sticky and call me old school but I think it's wrong.

I get that we have a remembrance forum but Skkorp is different, he created this place, he got us media access. IMO That sticky should remain there as long as there is an ASFN.

I know we have new folks who are probably saying "Who was Skkorp ?" but to most of us he is the founding father of ASFN when nobody cared about the Cardinals.

Comments ?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f44/to-all-my-asfn-family-125795.html

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It would be like removing Charles Bidwills name from the ROH:D

He created this, it stays for eternity!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1,000,000

NO BRAINER!!! Put it back. Shaggy and Iceman are great owners and I am so grateful for them stepping up and keeping this place going. But, the soul of the place is due to Skkorpion.

Some of my favorite Cardinals memories, period, are sitting next to Skkorp in his wheelchair at training camp in Flagstaff and talking about the practice, the players, the coaches, etc.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Funny, but I was just thinking of Skkorp today while reading the thread about rating one's life this year. Anyone who got to know Skkorp, and how he went out of his way to welcome and support every member of this board, knows how profound and everlasting his legacy is. His last posts are a great reminder of what the spirit of this board was always meant to be.

Plus, today was also a day to think about Skkorp because his Notre Dame Fighting Irish were playing in Glendale at the Fiesta Bowl.

Thank you, Nidan, for bringing this up. I hope, Shaggy, that you will bring Skkorp's post back and keep the sticky on it for good. Without Skkorp, ASFN wouldn't be what it is today.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm biased... Skkorp was my buddy!!! I say keep it up...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely. Was just telling somebody the other day about the awesome preseason tickets Jim hooked me up with when he was up in the White Mountains.

Joe

ap11

Rookie
Reaction score
Please keep it up. There is whole family here because of his dedication.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Definitely keep it up there.. and props to Shaggy/Iceman for suggesting this be put up for public discussion.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Objectively, I'm curious as to what the issues are in leaving it up permanently. Yes, the board has new ownership, and in my view Shaggy and Iceman have been awesome and moved the forum forward in healthy and constructive ways.

I wouldn't be posting here without Skkorp's legacy however. It didn't take long for this to be the only Card's forum I post on.

What I mean by legacy: I posted under a different handle back then, but after my first day posting I received several PM's from longtime members requesting I read through his posts and some of the hall of fame threads. This wasn't done maliciously, but as more of a welcome to the neighborhood, this is what we're about, and you aren't it (haha). I didn't post again for a week, as I read through all his posts and all the HOF threads. Every one.

I still fall well short of those goals, but the ideal is one I still believe in. This forum has a degree of thoughtfulness. It also displays honesty, compassion, and sensitivity. I made this my Cardinals home, and Skkorp and those lives he effected on this board are the reason.

Leave it up permanently. It doesn't detract from new ownership, it enhances it. It's the foundation. We should never forget those who worked so hard to make this place what it is. Without that, we lose our way.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Objectively, I'm curious as to what the issues are in leaving it up permanently. Yes, the board has new ownership, and in my view Shaggy and Iceman have been awesome and moved the forum forward in healthy and constructive ways.

I wouldn't be posting here without Skkorp's legacy however. It didn't take long for this to be the only Card's forum I post on.

What I mean by legacy: I posted under a different handle back then, but after my first day posting I received several PM's from longtime members requesting I read through his posts and some of the hall of fame threads. This wasn't done maliciously, but as more of a welcome to the neighborhood, this is what we're about, and you aren't it (haha). I didn't post again for a week, as I read through all his posts and all the HOF threads. Every one.

I still fall well short of those goals, but the ideal is one I still believe in. This forum has a degree of thoughtfulness. It also displays honesty, compassion, and sensitivity. I made this my Cardinals home, and Skkorp and those lives he effected on this board are the reason.

Leave it up permanently. It doesn't detract from new ownership, it enhances it. It's the foundation. We should never forget those who worked so hard to make this place what it is. Without that, we lose our way.

Sounds like those goals are closer than you think. Nice post.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of a Ring of Honor it would be a thread of honor