Remember the Strike Replacement Teams

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's not true. The tackle draft was fairly good, but didn't have a Joe Thomas level prospect. Paris Johnson is about equivalent to Andrew Thomas.
The comps I’ve found online:

Dbrickashaw Ferguson
Charles Cross
Tyron smith
Andrya peat
Terron armstead
Brian o’neill

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can be confident about anything pre season in the NFL. Every year several teams dramatically over perform or underperform.

They won 4 last year, and it is pretty well accepted that the coaching was bad.

I'm not saying the new coaching is good, but it could be, I don't think anyone knows.

I just don't see how this roster is much different than last seasons. Really the main difference is no Zach Allen and no JJ Watt, otherwise just about everybody else who matters is back. To not believe that any of the rookies we drafted will make a positive impact seems unlikely.

I expect a 4 or 5 win year, but it is also certainly possible the team could win 8 or 9. All it would take is getting Murray to play close to his potential, and I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility - because we have actually seen it before - with basically the same offensive players.

Yeah there's far too much certainty for me. It mainly comes down to how long Kyler is out and how good he is when he is back and to a lesser extent how good Gannon, Petzing and Rallis are.

I think our offense is good if Kyler is back and on form and Ertz is healthy. I have no offensive concerns really outside Kyler.

The defense doesn't look good on paper but the Vikings went 13-4 last year with one of the worst defenses in football.

I don't expect us to be good, but you can never tell, and like I say it really depends on Kyler. We went 11-6 in 2021 because Kyler was good. We were 4-13 last year because Kyler was bad and then injured.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I think that’s about what you’ll see early this season. These guys will play hard as they will have a chance to stay on the roster. Guys you didn’t expect may have breakthrough seasons given a chance to play multiple minutes. This may at least provide some players for whom to root.
honestly that sounds refreshing. Build the character of the young players.....create a pattern.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, the roster is worse, especially on defense. You're reaaaaally papering over the losses we suffered there. Our CB1, star DT and budding young DE are all gone, replaced by a recovering-from-injury third rounder, nothing, and nothing, while adding an edge (ZA was not an edge). So our DL is trash, we've lost a bunch of sacks, and replaced them with a 5 sacks in college guy. Our defense will be putrid and significantly worse than last year.
Our DL is trash, not disputing that. However if there is one position to be trash at, I think that's the one. You can find guys on the street that won't humiliate you against the run, you just won't get any pass rush.

I know our D isn't going to be very good, however you can still win games if your Offense is good, and I think we do have enough players on offense it could be good with the right coaching and play from Kyler.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can be confident about anything pre season in the NFL. Every year several teams dramatically over perform or underperform.

They won 4 last year, and it is pretty well accepted that the coaching was bad.

I'm not saying the new coaching is good, but it could be, I don't think anyone knows.

I just don't see how this roster is much different than last seasons. Really the main difference is no Zach Allen and no JJ Watt, otherwise just about everybody else who matters is back. To not believe that any of the rookies we drafted will make a positive impact seems unlikely.

I expect a 4 or 5 win year, but it is also certainly possible the team could win 8 or 9. All it would take is getting Murray to play close to his potential, and I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility - because we have actually seen it before - with basically the same offensive players.
Again, we lost 20.5 sacks from 2022 this offseason. We had 36 sacks total. Maybe you hope another candle on the birthday cake helps Cam Thomas get Zach Allen's 5.5 sacks and the kid from LSU get's Cam Thomas's 3.0 sacks from last year.

All you need is 15 more sacks. Where are they coming from?

What is the scenario where we win eight or nine games? Kyler comes back in October? Say Kyler comes back Week 6 against the Rams. We'd have to go 2-3 in those first five and 6-6 the rest of the way. Maybe!

But probably not.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, we lost 20.5 sacks from 2022 this offseason. We had 36 sacks total. Maybe you hope another candle on the birthday cake helps Cam Thomas get Zach Allen's 5.5 sacks and the kid from LSU get's Cam Thomas's 3.0 sacks from last year.

All you need is 15 more sacks. Where are they coming from?

What is the scenario where we win eight or nine games? Kyler comes back in October? Say Kyler comes back Week 6 against the Rams. We'd have to go 2-3 in those first five and 6-6 the rest of the way. Maybe!

But probably not.
I did say I expect to win 4 or 5 games, so I am not saying I think the team will be good, I'm just saying they could be average. I thought the team would suck a couple years ago and they started out 7-0. This team is not that different from that team, that's all I am saying.

I really believe Kyler will be back week 1.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The comps I’ve found online:

Dbrickashaw Ferguson
Charles Cross
Tyron smith
Andrya peat
Terron armstead
Brian o’neill
The scout comp I've seen most is Andrew Thomas.

I wasn't a Thomas fan coming out because he had a weird hitch in his pass set that was exploited spectacularly early in his career. He fixed it since and had turned into probably an All Pro caliber LT.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ojulari had damn well better be that true #1 rusher. We passed on one in the first and passed on other positions in the 2nd to end up with him, so he needs to develop into that. I disagree on CB and that we'll get by well enough at RB as well. Otherwise it's a fair analysis. I'm falling lower on the win spectrum than you, but if things break well, we'll show competitiveness down the stretch while losing some close 'uns.
If he turns out to be Markus Golden, I think we are good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he turns out to be Markus Golden, I think we are good.
I think he's better against the run than Markus Golden is/was. He's a more cerebral player like that, based on the college games I watched.

It's an interesting idea to have three or four 5-8 sack per year dudes on your roster and rotate them instead of one 12-18-sack guy, but it's a narrow path to tread.

Man... Just looking back at that season where Bertrand Berry had the torn pec. I can't believe that Daryl Blackstock didn't work out. I loved that guy coming out of UVA. Third round pick started two games in three seasons for the Cards.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm just happy we'll make some NFL dreams come true, for guys that probably wouldn't have the chance but for the Cards.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he's better against the run than Markus Golden is/was. He's a more cerebral player like that, based on the college games I watched.

It's an interesting idea to have three or four 5-8 sack per year dudes on your roster and rotate them instead of one 12-18-sack guy, but it's a narrow path to tread.

Man... Just looking back at that season where Bertrand Berry had the torn pec. I can't believe that Daryl Blackstock didn't work out. I loved that guy coming out of UVA. Third round pick started two games in three seasons for the Cards.
I think that a combo of Ojulari, Cam Thomas, and Myjai Sanders can be complimentary pass rushers. Ojulari could be more though, but I think we should keep our expectations to a #2 pass rusher role.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like the pick a heckuva lot less if that's our ceiling for him.
Man you're really overrating what most second round picks become then. Markus Golden was a win as a second round pick. He has multiple double digit sacks seasons.

If Ojulari averages even 7 sacks per year over his career, then he was a great pick.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year was So bad with the Cards replacement GM and coach. They be gone and I'm sticking with the Cards win more home games this year then the pass two years combined. Go Cards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose