Remember him?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Darwin Walker

Walker was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2000 NFL Draft, but was released before playing a game.

The Eagles picked him up and....well.....

In 2002, Walker was anything but awful. In his first season as a starter, he recorded at least half of a sack in six consecutive games, and finished the year third on the team with a career-high 7.5 sacks. That tied him with Tampa Bay’s Warren Sapp for the lead among defensive tackles in the NFC.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...n-Walker/10dfa6ba-f44f-438d-8361-dce4c0b7f2b5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Used to be the story of the cardinals

I remember being so excited about Thomas Jones

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Darwin Walker

Walker was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2000 NFL Draft, but was released before playing a game.

The Eagles picked him up and....well.....

In 2002, Walker was anything but awful. In his first season as a starter, he recorded at least half of a sack in six consecutive games, and finished the year third on the team with a career-high 7.5 sacks. That tied him with Tampa Bay’s Warren Sapp for the lead among defensive tackles in the NFC.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...n-Walker/10dfa6ba-f44f-438d-8361-dce4c0b7f2b5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember Darwin...loved the pick... Cards never gave him a chance really... could have sworn he saw some pre season snaps

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and then he played on three other teams (Bills, Bears, and Panthers) and had a rather mediocre NFL career. So? :shrug:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even worse was Jeff Christy, 4th round pick in 92, we cut him. Played 11yrs w/ MN and TB w/ Three Pro Bowls and All Pro twice. Anyone remember the story with him, Wiki says cut and hurt missed all of 92?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Even worse was Jeff Christy, 4th round pick in 92, we cut him. Played 11yrs w/ MN and TB w/ Three Pro Bowls and All Pro twice. Anyone remember the story with him, Wiki says cut and hurt missed all of 92?

What about Ray Brown?
Dave Butz?
Pat Fischer?
Jay Novacek?

Go gawd the Cards have totally screwed up & cut or traded away lots of talent over the years.

Something tells me they’re going to do the same thing if they don’t get smart & get rid of Fireplug Shipley & start Boehm at center starting next season

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What about Ray Brown?
Dave Butz?
Pat Fischer?
Jay Novacek?

Go gawd the Cards have totally screwed up & cut or traded away lots of talent over the years.

Something tells me they’re going to do the same thing if they don’t get smart & get rid of Fireplug Shipley & start Boehm at center starting next season
At least we got a few years out of those guys, Walker and Christy didn't even make the roster. Rich Braham too, drafted another C in the 4th in 1994, didn't make the team and went on to a 12yr or so career with Cin. Think of all the centers from 92-06 we had instead of Christy or Braham. Bill Lewis, Ed Cunningham, Devlin, Graham, Grudatoria, Leckey , Stepanovich, im sure there are more.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
At least we got a few years out of those guys, Walker and Christy didn't even make the roster. Rich Braham too, drafted another C in the 4th in 1994, didn't make the team and went on to a 12yr or so career with Cin. Think of all the centers from 92-06 we had instead of Christy or Braham. Bill Lewis, Ed Cunningham, Devlin, Graham, Grudatoria, Leckey , Stepanovich, im sure there are more.

Ahhhh the memories lol

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still bitter about the Tim "show me the money" Mcdonald trade to 9ers