Remaining schedule

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by NashDishesDimes, Apr 20, 2021.

1. NashDishesDimes

NashDishesDimes Registered

Suns remaining schedule brutal. Had hopes of catching Jazz but I think we should be more focused on not letting Clipps catch them. Suns toughest remaining games: nets, knicks, celts, 6ers, clipps, jazz, lakers, portland.

Jazz toughest games remaining: nuggets and Suns lol

The good news is these tough meaningful games should harden them for playoffs but I think goal at this point is to just hold onto second seed.

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I want the Suns to wrap up a playoff spot 6th or higher as soon as possible so they can consider resting players and better decide where they want to finish in the standings.

Monty mentioned the other day making the playoffs was a priority before he would consider resting players.

As sort of a baseline, the Suns have 8 less losses that 6th place Portland and they own the tiebreaker. Phoenix has 15 games remaining.

The trouble is it's going to be a dogfight the rest of the season. A lot is going to depend on what other top teams in the West do as well.

3. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

We need the 3rd seed at worst.

4. ArizonaSportsFan

ArizonaSportsFan Registered User

Really don't want to mess around and end up 4th and draw the Lakers in the 1st round... Would be a Suns thing to do.

5. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

Plus side we are 4 games ahead of Denver and they have Murray out so they probably aren’t about to go on a big run.

6. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

Yikes ya we could easily drop to 3rd in this stretch. The Lakers could easily drop to 6th. That would be a nightmare first round match-up.

Mainstreet likes this.
  7. Proximo

Proximo Registered

We need to keep the 2nd seed.

I agree getting the first is probably unlikely at this point.

I would also like Lebron to get back from injury ASAP to make sure they don't slip to 7.

8. Raindog

Raindog Registered

Assuming everyone can stay healthy and get some rest, I think you want to go into the post season having run a gauntlet (successfully) rather than coasting. History shows the former is much more conducive to winning in the playoffs in just about every sport.

9. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

If we're going to drop out of the 2nd seed (IF), I'd just as soon fall to 5th. So far this season we've played better as the underdog.

I don't really worry that much about the opponent, if it's a healthy Lakers team it would take a miracle to beat them and if it's a healthy Clippers team, we're probably in trouble but if we play up to our level we have a good chance against any other Western opponent. And if we're playing well, the Clippers wouldn't have to be off their game much for us to win that one either.

10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

If we dropped to 5th we would likely be playing the Lakers in the first round without homecourt advantage. I would much rather be 3rd and have home court advantage against either the Mavs or Blazers.

11. NashDishesDimes

NashDishesDimes Registered

Doun
    doubt lakers drop at all. AD coming back this week and Lebron in next couple of weeks it sounds like. I assume they want to win some games and tune up for playoffs. Suns would have to really fall to get matched up with Lakers in first round.

12. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Normal years, yeah but considering how well we've done against the better teams and how well we've done on the road and considering the lessened impact of home covid crowds, I'd take being the underdog all things considered. And I'm not sure where the Lakers will finish, they could easily drop to 7th. But yeah, if we were guaranteed a matchup with Portland or Dallas, I'd be fine with that too.

13. Ronin

Ronin The show stopper

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I hate playing undermanned teams, but with this road trip I’ll take whatever we can get (and hope we don’t roll over like we did against the Spurs and nets).

15. Muggz

Muggz Registered

All the teams on that list are Doomed.

When the Valley Bo.. Fella.. dudes come to town.

Roadwarriors comin fer dat @ss!