Remaining free agents to consider

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
RB: Derrick Ward, Chris Brown?
WR: Drew Carter, Samie Parker, (Bryant Johnson?)
OL: L.J. Shelton? Milford Brown? (They are the best ones I can find under the age of 35)
DL: Kim Von Oelhoffen (only because of the Whisenhunt/Grimm connection) There were some good 4-3 DL but I don't know for sure how they would do in our hybrid system.
OLB: Colvin, Chillar, Haggans
MLB: Mitchell, Trotter?
S: Crocker, Doss?,
CB: Poteat, Scott, Cousin, Law
K: Elam???? Carney
P: Turk, Frost

These are the best possibilities I could find. Nothing to go gaga over but we might be able to take care of some depth issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Add Haggans, OLB and Borinas, K, restricted (Tenn.)

We aren't signing Borinas and giving up a first round pick. I didn't put restricted FA because the chances of us signing one and giving up a high pick are slim.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I believe the Cards should still work on getting Dansby done along with Antonio Smith, Deuce Lutui, and Eric Green to longer deals so we don't have to worry next year. Throw in a guy like Ty Law who has a lot of experience and I would be happy ...

On a side not is Takeo still available. I want some older vets on this team.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe the Cards should still work on getting Dansby done along with Antonio Smith, Deuce Lutui, and Eric Green to longer deals so we don't have to worry next year. Throw in a guy like Ty Law who has a lot of experience and I would be happy ...

On a side not is Takeo still available. I want some older vets on this team.

Why do we need to get a new deal for Lutui when he hasnt even become a RFA yet. Why do we need to give a new contract to Green who hasnt proved he can be a starter yet and may get replaced by a draft pick/s. Smith and Dansby is the only ones on that list that need to get done right now. We can wait on Green to see if he stops giving up TD's at an alarming rate, midseason extention at best IMO.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
First decision... is whether any of the following from last season fit into the team's plans:

I highlighted a few possibles.

Now, that the Fitz deal is done (and the additional possibility of freeing up some cap room with a re-signing of Warner and turning his 4 m. salary into a bonus) I wonder if BJ comes back into play.

Hodel may be replaced by Bieneman as the long snapper. He was the no. 2 last season; a 4 year LS in college... and comes cheaper.

Bailey, Rodney
Berger, Mitch
Brown, Ralph
Celestin, Oliver
Hasselbeck, Tim
Hodel, Nathan
Johnson, Bryant
Jue, Bhawoh
Kolodziej, Ross
Rattay, Tim
Tafoya, Joe
Ware, Matt

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that boat has past. Troy Bienamman at a 1/4 of the cost is our future it would seem.

Maybe he might earn that 1/4 of his salary now.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that boat has past. Troy Bienamman at a 1/4 of the cost is our future it would seem.

I think you are misreading that situation. Hodel will be re-signed very soon, now that we have cap room.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB: Derrick Ward, Chris Brown?
WR: Drew Carter, Samie Parker, (Bryant Johnson?)
OL: L.J. Shelton? Milford Brown? (They are the best ones I can find under the age of 35)
DL: Kim Von Oelhoffen (only because of the Whisenhunt/Grimm connection) There were some good 4-3 DL but I don't know for sure how they would do in our hybrid system.
OLB: Colvin, Chillar, Haggans
MLB: Mitchell, Trotter?
S: Crocker, Doss?,
CB: Poteat, Scott, Cousin, Law
K: Elam???? Carney
P: Turk, Frost

These are the best possibilities I could find. Nothing to go gaga over but we might be able to take care of some depth issues.

Please, no shot at you, Dew, but with maybe two or three exceptions, that's a list of has-beens, over-the-hills, never-were and always-injureds.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Here is what I see left from free agents from the sporting news top 100
http://www.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

Not much left ...

21 Clark Haggans LB
24 D.J. Hackett WR
32 Bryant Johnson WR
38 Ty Law CB
57 Eugene Wilson S
58 Mike Rucker DE
61 Larry Allen G
62 Casey Wiegmann C
76 Musa Smith RB
77 Brandon Chillar LB
81 Barry Sims OT
88 Darwin Walker DT
91 Rod Coleman DT

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Here is what I see left from free agents from the sporting news top 100
http://www.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

Not much left ...

21 Clark Haggans LB
24 D.J. Hackett WR
32 Bryant Johnson WR
38 Ty Law CB
57 Eugene Wilson S
58 Mike Rucker DE
61 Larry Allen G
62 Casey Wiegmann C
76 Musa Smith RB
77 Brandon Chillar LB
81 Barry Sims OT
88 Darwin Walker DT
91 Rod Coleman DT

Darwin Walker ?

He would make a great 3-4 DE, and he has been here before. :bang:

Clark Haggans would be a good pick up even at 31 years old.

We can pick up Rod Coleman so that he can man handle Wells every single practice....just like in the games.

OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Please, no shot at you, Dew, but with maybe two or three exceptions, that's a list of has-beens, over-the-hills, never-were and always-injureds.

No offense taken and I agree. That is literally the best that is left. Kind of depressing if you ask me.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Per Urban's blog, we are most likely to bring back our own:
"Guys like defensive back Matt Ware, defensive lineman Rodney Bailey and safety Oliver Celestin. In addition, there are seven draft picks to account for, and if I had to guess right now (and it's strictly a personal guess), I would say the draft will be weighted toward defense."
http://www.azcardinals.com/blog/blog.php?author=1

I think maybe we sign one or more free agents. I have nothing to base this on, but I think Graves tries to sign Wilson, Q, or Dansby to a better contract, and we start camp with a whole bunch of UFA's to fill out the roster. I won't complain as long as the Cards try to pick up players with some experience as they get cut from other teams during the preseason. That's my realistic look at it...

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson