Regardless of what we do at #1.. The Cards have done a serious injustice to Rosen

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SoCal Cardfan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. BW52

BW52 Registered

That may be so but in this day of blogs,soundbites, so-called insider info,speculation,gossip etc; you would think a whisper or two would have leaked out somewhere.One person is a secret.Two people know and its not a secret anymore.:shrug:

So far its been crickets.So maybe no smoke no fire.

slanidrac16 likes this.
  2. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Rosen has not been affected by this. He has a total grasp of what’s going on and all the scenarios that could take place. It’s football reality. Montana, rice, Moss, were all traded. He’s a smart kid. I think he will deal with this just fine. In fact I think it will actually help him if he remains the Cards qb. For anybody saying it’s not right the cards are putting him through this, wouldn’t it have the total opposite effect if he is the starter? Wouldn’t that show how they are 100% behind him?

3. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

this, more than anything else, is why i think it will be Murray

if you really believe you have your franchise QB, you dont leave your franchise QB twisting in the wind prior to the draft

for those saying "smokesreen!" -- The Cards could have all the benefit of generating trade up interest at #1 without expressing interest in Murray. the Cards could even say "IF we didnt have Josh Rosen, we would be all in on Murray at #1" --

i really doubt Rosen has been told much. The SI thing he did says that to me -- he was a pro, but also you can see the frustration. I really doubt that was some grand act on his part.

given the late date, i also believe that the parameters for a Rosen trade likely have been worked out

dscher likes this.
  4. dscher

dscher Registered

Rosen. Not Murray...and I don't care about bidding wars for Murray. He's going to the Cardinals anyhow. Since we are sure of things and all .

5. dscher

dscher Registered

I mean it's fun going back and forth on here and all...but acting as if ANYTHING is a sure thing is craziness. Imo. Too many factors involved to have anything concrete. Just gotta keep bickering and having fun till Thursday. Lol

6. az jam

az jam Registered User

There may be potential trade partners for Rosen but the key word is potential and we all know that could change on draft day. If a trade had actually been agreed upon IMO the acquiring team would not want him working out with the Cardinals but would want Rosen doing OTAs with them.

7. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

The Cards are doing what they need to do.

The media is shamelessly doing what they always do.

Rosen is in the NFL and it isn't a hand holding affair. (so far he's handling it well)

Plus we don't even know if any of this is real. Hell we could have both Murray and Rosen on the team next year. Hell we could have neither.

Whatever the media or any of us feel doesn't matter. It's what the Keim/KK/MB feel is the right thing to do.

bg7brd, The Kraken and dscher like this.
  8. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

Totally disagree with the thread title...as most have eluded to, letting the media run wild has increased the value of the number one pick (even if only slightly) and if we do decide to trade, will most likely give us the best deal...

A lot of the critics of this "close to the vest tactic", would also be hypercritical of SK if we just announced a month ago that we were taking JB/QW.

This tact has increased our options and whether we disclosed the smokescreen tactic or not, JR needs to understand, even in the worst conditions (terrible line, clown show for a coaching staff, bad receivers, etc) this is a results-based business and no one's job is safe.

azsouthendzone and az jam like this.
  9. Goldfield

Goldfield Formally known as BEERZ

It’s dumb to think the organization hasn’t talked to Rosen at least a little. It’s even dumber to think grown men making millions of dollars should be coddled and treated like an fragile egg. It’s a business everyone is a player away from being replaced. What ever they end up doing there shouldnt be any hard feelings.

azsouthendzone, dscher and az jam like this.
  10. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I don’t see the downside of the team publicly committing to Rosen and will gladly eat crow if some team trades up for Murray. You want to fully be behind your young franchise QB. I think Kliff wants Kyler and will get him.

dscher likes this.
  11. dscher

dscher Registered

Agree. But, there will always be some emotions involved.. and that's normal. Imo. It's all about how you handle it.... It's like a Drew Brees getting shipped off from NO. He would understand it's a business, but their would be the emotional side because of his ties to that city. Jmo

12. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

The downside Gator is if we are committed to Rosen and we would rather trade down to address the many holes we have, the only way a team would make that move if they thought their chance to get Murray was in danger.

Let's say the Raiders want Murray (which very well may be the case)...the teams in front of the Raiders, Cards, 9ers, and the Jets all have a young "QBOF" on the roster. Murray SHOULD fall to the Raiders @4...SHOULD...unless another QB needy team jumps up -or- the Raiders think we are not in love with Rosen and we are going to move on...

Uncertainty is needed to "help" the Raiders do Raider "things"...

Publically committing to Rosen totally eliminates that possible outcome, personally, I would like to see this happen, I would be fine getting Q Williams and a late 1st rounder...but the only way that happens is if we keep our poker face on (even though we are sitting on pocket aces).

Cardiac likes this.
  13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

As soon as trade down talks got serious enough the Raiders would know the Cards weren’t taking Murray. Plenty of teams with high picks have been committed to QB’s and traded down before. If the Cards plan on drafting Murray then I won’t have a problem with the way they’ve handled it but if they keep Rosen I’ll say they should’ve handled it better.

Timm Rosenbach and dscher like this.
  14. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

I guess we will have to tune in and see what happens...

15. SoCal Cardfan

SoCal Cardfan Registered

I would put those odds at about 2 billion to one.

CardsFan88 likes this.