Regardless of what we do at #1.. The Cards have done a serious injustice to Rosen

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
while i agree the media has run wild

the Cards have both very publicly worked out Murray, had him visit, and... the GM gave a lukewarm response as to the question of Josh's future

if this were pure smokescreen, at some point you have to affirm to your young QB that he is the guy - as much for him but also the message to the team. I think the timing for "at some point" was probably a few days ago at the latest
I think that "at some point" was when Murray and his agent were in town.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
How do we know that the team hasn`t given Rosen a private "you are our Qb" and asked him to play along with the ruse.

why i dont think thats the case:

if he has been told, then he basically just lied on camera to SI with the "the whole thing is annoying...... prove them right if they keep me, wrong if they trade me...." performance

if Josh knew, he likely says something like "Im confident things will work out" and tells SI thats it on the topic

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Maybe the whole thing is a smokescreen, Maybe it's not....But if it's a smokescreen to get a trade partner, did we really have any reason to not give Rosen the heads up (and piece of mind??) Do you really think if he were offered an insight into our draft master plan...He would be the type to blab about it on Social media?

Hell....maybe he is privy, and this is one of the most elaborate smokescreens ever.

But if it's not, They are doing Rosen dirty IMO, Confidence is a huge factor for the man you chose just under a year ago... to lead your team, and screwing with his head seems fairly counter-productive to me.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure why we couldn't have just said that we have our QBOTF and that we're not in the market for one, but if somebody want Murray, who is a great prospect, come and get him. I hate that we've been so coy, and let rumors fester about Rosen. On the flip side, if we want Murray, then just say it, put Rosen on the market and try to create a bidding war for him. BA wasn't perfect, but I don't think he would have ever allowed this nonsense to take place re: the QB position.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Josh will be just fine. If they don't draft Murray, that will not only be a huge vote confidence for Josh, but all he will need in going forward.

If they do draft Murray, maybe it's only that they haven't gotten the haul they were seeing if they could get for that pick. There also the same anticipation over trading Josh or not. They're in a very unusual and complex situation, and most likely simply have no idea what might be presented to them at the last minute in regards to both the pick and Josh. I would guess they actually don't know and smartly are keeping the doors open.

I don't think the Cards, Murray, or Rosen can lose just being patient. It's just a matter of how much the Cards can milk thus situation for by waiting it out.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
why i dont think thats the case:

if he has been told, then he basically just lied on camera to SI with the "the whole thing is annoying...... prove them right if they keep me, wrong if they trade me...." performance

if Josh knew, he likely says something like "Im confident things will work out" and tells SI thats it on the topic

How do you know he still wasn't going along with the ruse still?Don't you think the Cards and Rosen knew he would be interviewed and planned accordingly.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Josh Rosen's Cards contract is $17.6 million. He already received an $11 million bonus. I don't feel sorry for him.

I feel sorry for the Cardinals fanbase who will be stuck with either a 3-13 team with Rosen while people question the decision to pass on Murray or a 2-14 team with Murray while people question why they made such a stupid gamble.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the Cardinals fanbase who will be stuck with either a 3-13 team with Rosen while people question the decision to pass on Murray or a 2-14 team with Murray while people question why they made such a stupid gamble.

If Rosen is the choice as Qb and the Cards have another poor season without Rosen showing good improvement at least the Cards would have Bosa or Q.Williams on the roster.If Murray is the choice and he flops then the Cards likely would be forced to give him another year to justify his #1 pick and would be without a potential defensive talent (Bosa or Q.Williams).Taking Murray and gambling on him becoming Russell Wilson 2.0 is a uneeded risk IMHO.If KK is the QB whisperer he is supposed to be then let him put up or shutup with Rosen.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If Rosen is the choice as Qb and the Cards have another poor season without Rosen showing good improvement at least the Cards would have Bosa or Q.Williams on the roster.If Murray is the choice and he flops then the Cards likely would be forced to give him another year to justify his #1 pick and would be without a potential defensive talent (Bosa or Q.Williams).Taking Murray and gambling on him becoming Russell Wilson 2.0 is a uneeded risk IMHO.If KK is the QB whisperer he is supposed to be then let him put up or shutup with Rosen.

A Murray flop (or eventual move to baseball) after the Wilks/Bradford/McCoy fiasco would put the Cardinals back where they were during the Sun Devil Stadium days. The only difference would be that opposing fans would have a nicer venue. So are you feeling lucky Michael? Sure hope so if you take Murray