Reddick to OLB

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Reddick lacks ILB instincts...he's always thrived on the edge. The Cardinals have to stop switching young players to new and awkward-fitting positions.
This.

My problem is his ability to set the edge and be stout in the run game. I bet we see a ton of Bootlegs, read option, and misdirection aimed at neutralizing his speed.

Also..... The dude is going to get run at all day long. Philly ran it 40 times and Blount will be an absolute monster to bring down.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Eagles run the ball 40 times, I would think that would play into the hands of Kareem Martin. With Reddick only playing in obvious passing downs.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just wish the team would stop trying to invent new positions just to squeeze in well meaning but undersized players who will perpetually be hurt. Tyrann Mathieu and Deone buccannon have no real home and seem to spend some time on the IR. Now Reddick doesn't have a real spot either.

I wouldn't much like the idea of our two ILB's being Bucannon and Reddick, athletic as they are there's no sand in those pants. Reddick won't supplant Jones or Golden at OLB when healthy.

The poster who said that Bucannon would be a Pro Bowl SS is quite correct, and we're weakening two positions by not playing him there.
Now Budda Baker is looking for a spot too.

(In the huddle: Allright...Deone Bucannon, you're a star safety so you'll play inside linebacker. Haason Reddick, you were a stud pass rusher in college so you can be backup inside linebacker. Tyrann Mathieu, you are a ballhawk, so we don't have a real spot for you, just go play nickelback robber guy. Budda Baker, you sit on the bench. Ready....break!)

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Reddick gets two sacks Sunday, mark my word. In a few weeks we will be wondering what to do with Golden next year when he's healthy. Reddick is going to light it up off the edge.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very interested to see how Sunday plays out with the pass rush. The Eagles have 2 of the highest rated tackles in Peter's & Johnson according to PFF. Only 1 sack & 2 qb hits allowed between them both if I remember correctly. I will be very surprised if the new look pass rush even gets a sack or 2 to be honest

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The poster who said that Bucannon would be a Pro Bowl SS is quite correct, and we're weakening two positions by not playing him there.
Now Budda Baker is looking for a spot too.

(In the huddle: Allright...Deone Bucannon, you're a star safety so you'll play inside linebacker. Haason Reddick, you were a stud pass rusher in college so you can be backup inside linebacker. Tyrann Mathieu, you are a ballhawk, so we don't have a real spot for you, just go play nickelback robber guy. Budda Baker, you sit on the bench. Ready....break!)

Pure speculation, I would argue that he might not even be a starting caliber SS. Notice how the cards have suddenly been able to cover a TE now, this new hybrid ISLB is the new wave.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That s the position he belongs to
Then he can offer a different arsenal of skillset then Chandler
He can avoid the block and outrun tackle and get to the qb
Is our von miller hopefully
Weight is almost the same, just 1 inch and half shorter
Pure speculation, I would argue that he might not even be a starting caliber SS. Notice how the cards have suddenly been able to cover a TE now, this new hybrid ISLB is the new wave.

And BUC isn't a 211 lb Safety anymore.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Reddick gets two sacks Sunday, mark my word. In a few weeks we will be wondering what to do with Golden next year when he's healthy. Reddick is going to light it up off the edge.

he's a little light in the pants.. wonder if he'll hold up the edge in run situations

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he's a little light in the pants.. wonder if he'll hold up the edge in run situations

I believe Martin will be getting the reps on first and 2nd down and Reddick used at OLB on passing downs.