Reddick agrees to sign with Carolina

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim. He could’ve signed his second first rounder to an easy extension and was a hard pass.

something must’ve been pretty poisonous in that relationship

This point is even more interesting to think about when you consider the fact that Reddick went straight back to his old college coach. Like going back to your ex who was always nice when you leave a toxic relationship.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's to hoping he has a 15 sack season. Always a great guy and wish him nothing but the best.

Excited to see what our glacial front seven has in store. We may be 5-10% better at stopping the run next year, but it won't make a damn bit of difference for our secondary. I'm predicting a season of league high 3rd-long conversions, a quarter of which will come from Golden/Kennard biting on PA.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't we need an OLB that can drop into coverage?

It was a disaster when they forced Jones to do it to make room for Suggs. And I don't think Golden's doing it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That Keim had no interest in re-signing Reddick is the biggest indictment

the fact guys here wanted to give him 13-15 million a year and he only got 8 on the open market should be end of the conversation about how valued he is around the league

just cause you sign Reddick at 8 here doesn’t mean Kenards salary magically goes away. All you can do is laugh

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because few people other than you factor in the quality of the NFL OT he is matched up against when getting a sack. It is a sack vs NFL talent. End of story. No one gauges interceptions based upon the QB throwing them or WR the CB was matched up against. It is silly.

Not when it comes to FA it isn't. I guarantee you anyone considering Reddick in FA looked at how his sacks came about and who they were against. Weighting a sack vs Terence Steele as the same thing as a sack vs Trent Williams would be extremely dumb.

It's no different than looking at a boxer with a 23-0 record versus bums and a Boxer with a 23-0 record vs title challengers.

Put it this way. If Reddick's sacks last year were vs any kind of top talent at all he's getting paid $14m+ now but every one was vs a rookie or backup except the coverage sack vs the Niners or vs Detroit where he was covered by Hockenson.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not paying him for that price means one side was very bitter. Likely ours since he “put up” after his option was declined which is silly considering they should’ve utilized him better in the first place.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not paying him for that price means one side was very bitter. Likely ours since he “put up” after his option was declined which is silly considering they should’ve utilized him better in the first place.
i'm not entirely in the camp of 'reddick was out of position, blame the cards'

he's played on the outside before this past season and never shined. this is for SURE a case of contract year, mixed a LITTLE with his position change.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

he's played on the outside before this past season and never shined. this is for SURE a case of contract year, mixed a LITTLE with his position change.
So you believe Reddick dogged it before this year. Literally never heard a peep about that in his prior seasons.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He should’ve shown more talent despite bad coaching that I can’t deny, but... there’s definitely something fishy not bringing him back for that price. The numbers from last year have been posted showing he can do damage if he’s not just getting to the QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

whole situation was off.

Reactions: jmt
Reaction score
:stick: I just freakin' hope that Reddick doesn't have a five sack game vs. the Cardinals this upcoming season! :stick:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose