Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire (Netflix)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zack Snyder's new film originally conceived as a Star Wars spinoff.

Synopsis: A peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a tyrannical regent named Balisarius. The desperate civilians dispatch Kora, a young woman who has a mysterious past to seek out warriors from nearby planets to help them challenge the regent.
Director - Zack Snyder
Writers - Shay Hatten, Kurt Johnstad, Zack Snyder(screenplay)
Stars - Charlie Hunnam, Sofia Boutella, Stuart Martin
Release Date - Dec 22, 2023

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is this a theater release or a streaming release over Netflix? A search yesterday on Netflix didn't give much, if any, info.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a theater release or a streaming release over Netflix? A search yesterday on Netflix didn't give much, if any, info.
Apparently limited theatrical release but mainly on Netflix this coming December

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 Minute mark of video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels very John Carter to me. Maybe it's a plus I have such low expectations for anything Snyder.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Feels very John Carter to me. Maybe it's a plus I have such low expectations for anything Snyder.
Weird. Didn’t get that vibe at all. I always thought John Carter felt like a grand tale forced into a small shabby stage. This feels grander in scope and development. I’m actually excited for this after the trailer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Weird. Didn’t get that vibe at all. I always thought John Carter felt like a grand tale forced into a small shabby stage. This feels grander in scope and development. I’m actually excited for this after the trailer.
Really? I think it looks like a huge mess. Expecting some slick style but no substance, but we'll see. I'm hoping that trailer encompasses both movies, because if it doesn't, it's going to be a 3 hour music video.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? I think it looks like a huge mess. Expecting some slick style but no substance, but we'll see. I'm hoping that trailer encompasses both movies, because if it doesn't, it's going to be a 3 hour music video.
I guess to me I can’t understand the mess because it doesn’t really get into plot and I think the storytelling is the only place a movie can be a mess. At least to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess to me I can’t understand the mess because it doesn’t really get into plot and I think the storytelling is the only place a movie can be a mess. At least to me.
There's multiple characters, multiple locations (all with very little connection to one another), it's just loaded with different stuff, which for a movie is a warning sign. For a series, ok, you have 8 to 10 hours to put something together, but for a movie? Even two movies?

Add to that Snyder hasn't done anything great since Dawn of the Dead and these movies are a dicey proposition. Remember Sucker Punch? That's what the trailer reminds me of. I hope he can prove me wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's multiple characters, multiple locations (all with very little connection to one another), it's just loaded with different stuff, which for a movie is a warning sign. For a series, ok, you have 8 to 10 hours to put something together, but for a movie? Even two movies?

Add to that Snyder hasn't done anything great since Dawn of the Dead and these movies are a dicey proposition. Remember Sucker Punch? That's what the trailer reminds me of. I hope he can prove me wrong.
Multiple characters and multiple locations sounds very star warsy. If this was originally meant to work along those lines it makes sense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got bored of the trailer at the 90 second mark. Will need good word of mouth for me to give this a look.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Multiple characters and multiple locations sounds very star warsy. If this was originally meant to work along those lines it makes sense.
What??

Mark it down: August 23rd 2023 is when Ouchie compared Star Wars to anything Zach Snyder. Oof.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What??

Mark it down: August 23rd 2023 is when Ouchie compared Star Wars to anything Zach Snyder. Oof.
I mean, I didn’t exactly come up with that as an original thought. It’s literally what this was originally meant to be according to the original post, no?

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels very forced to me. This was obviously a Star Wars story that he had to rework. The new imagery feels forced to me like something in the realm of John Carter but still clinging onto things familiar to Star Wars fans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This feels very forced to me. This was obviously a Star Wars story that he had to rework. The new imagery feels forced to me like something in the realm of John Carter but still clinging onto things familiar to Star Wars fans.
I wonder if this will suffer from an age of too much info? Like everyone knows this didn’t make it with Star Wars so it now wears the reject hat and everyone comes to it with preconceived negativity and then ends up with self fulfilling prophecy experience.