Realistically, what does it take for Kliff/Keim to get fired this year?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Is it even hypothetically possible? I'm not sure I can peg what would be the breaking point after the extensions.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We'll, the Texans have started. C'mon Michael, Easterby needs a friend in the unemployment line.
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's some show on youtube called Phoenix Sports. I was watchign today they said if you watch any football show today they are calling for Kliff to be fired. Orlovsky and Rex Ryan both said it on ESPN, Ryan actually said it last week after the end game debacle where they showed a perplexed Kliff trying to understand how it was 4th and 1 and they didn't have the first down. But essentially every show like that is saying it, Kliff has to get fired it's inevitable. It won't happen today because we play thur but barring some miracle he is going to be fired this year IMO.

Lots of it is on Kyler but you're not benching Kyler at his age with his salary for Colt McCoy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff is lucky for Mike McCarthy right now. everyone was capping on Kliff but now everyone is asking how did McCarthy NOT challenge the spot on the Ceedee Lamb play that led to the stop on 4th down that allowed the Eagles to pull away.

Last week it was how did Kliff not know what down it was, this week it's his offense is broken.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Mike B has painted himself into a corner

Given the Flores / Wilks suit -- he likely has no choice but to make Vance the HC. Even without the suit, that would be fine -- but who runs the offense this year?

they could go Kugler, but that isnt his expertise.

Cam Turner is a young guy -- so that is an option but not ideal.

Spencer Whipple is even younger --

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim will be here for another 20 years. We just have to live with it..

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think its easier to part with Keim than Kliff

Mike B has two guys in the building who could step in: Adrian Wilson and Quentin Harris. My money is on Wilson. Would be very in-line with Bidwill proclivities: ex-Cardinal player, long experience inside the building, etc.

Kliff is harder to replace in-season

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim will be safe for whatever reason.

Kliff on the other hand…
So treating the symptom instead of the disease. Can't wait to see who the next scapegoat is. I'm sure eating Kliff's newly minted extension won't limit potential HC pool at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We won’t have an OC without Kliff. Someone would have to come in from the outside to call plays.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think it will take a huge embarrassing blowout loss - especially if it is a prime time game - like the 58-3 game in Seattle which is when MB gave up on Whiz. And, if the defense loses hope if the offensive continues to struggle, I can see a game like that happening before the end of the season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
keim and kk didnt get new contracts.

they got extensions. so this season they are still under the previous contract.

our only hope is there is a legal loophole or provision that keeps MB from having to eat 40mil by firing kliff in the event he is terminated before the new contract kicks in.

40 is a guess...previous contract was at 5.5, figured he got a raise

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
keim and kk didnt get new contracts.

they got extensions. so this season they are still under the previous contract.

our only hope is there is a legal loophole or provision that keeps MB from having to eat 40mil by firing kliff in the event he is terminated before the new contract kicks in.

40 is a guess...previous contract was at 5.5, figured he got a raise

I'm confused.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim will be safe for whatever reason.

Kliff on the other hand…
Especially with Vance making the defense borderline league average. No reason after last year's Cleveland game that Keim won't suggest firing Kliff and citing that game as the reason they can do it.