RB Conner re-signs with Cards

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Excellent vision. He's really great at reading blocks and knowing where the hole will be.

Laughs at arm tackles. Actually, no, he has contempt for them.

He's a little bit of a throw back. I don't want to invoke the ghosts of past greats (e.g. Franco Harrison), but he takes over games a little like those bell cow backs from the 70s and 80s used to do.

Defending teams can put seven or eight in the box but still have trouble stopping him.
never saw Franco Harrison play.
But the stillers had a dude named Franco Harris back in the day who was a pretty decent back

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sounds like someone would like an extension.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Connor will be 29 at the start of camp next year.

RB contracts signed at age (Since 2022):

29:
You must be registered for see images attach

28:
You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even mostert played his best season at 30 years old
Conner has great work ethic, speed is not his strenght, looked even more agile this year, I hope he can be the same player for a couple of years
I remember some rbs being very good even over 30
Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor (Conner size)
Jerome Bettis a tank
Alstot maybe?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have no issues extending Conner and then adding another player to reduce his workload.
No, no, a thousand times no. Why? Let's look at that word "thousand." Everyone wants to scoff at his injury problems and say all RBs get injured. That is his first ever 1,000 season. In the modern NFL for a back in the league that long, that is indicative of missing too much time or not being good. He's clearly good, so it's the former. Let us not be dumb and start doing Keimy stuff here. If he does well next season and still looks good, then we can re-sign him. Seems he'd be eager to stay.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No, no, a thousand times no. Why? Let's look at that word "thousand." Everyone wants to scoff at his injury problems and say all RBs get injured. That is his first ever 1,000 season. In the modern NFL for a back in the league that long, that is indicative of missing too much time or not being good. He's clearly good, so it's the former. Let us not be dumb and start doing Keimy stuff here. If he does well next season and still looks good, then we can re-sign him. Seems he'd be eager to stay.
Agree.. Audric Estime in the third round removes any leverage JC has...split the carries next season between them...and if JC stays healthy and produces then offer him a year... that drop comes fast for most RB's...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ill say this for his longevity:

Connor only had 208 carries this past year

183 the year prior

McCaffery had 272, Derrick Henry had 280

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no issues extending Conner and then adding another player to reduce his workload.
This. Connor ( and most backs) will not make it through a year of 25 carries a game. A guy like Dillon is a perfect backup.
I wouldn’t be surprised if MO drafts the rb who was injured last year( name escapes me) like we did with Williams.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This. Connor ( and most backs) will not make it through a year of 25 carries a game. A guy like Dillon is a perfect backup.
I wouldn’t be surprised if MO drafts the rb who was injured last year( name escapes me) like we did with Williams.

Jonathon Brooks - Texas