Ravens at Cardinals PS 2 gameday thread 8-21-22

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the black helmets... but they would look WAY better with the black Color Rush jerseys with red numbers, vs. the black Alternate jerseys with white numbers. I think the red numbers would help the red cardinal on the helmet pop a bit more, and make the overall uni look less like a Falcons uni. I suspect that the black & white Alternate will give way to a black & red more similar to the Color Rush when the unis are updated.

...dave

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Game aside, I do NOT like the new helmets on field. Loved them when they're being shown on a podium, but in-game action? It looks like a red blob on the helmet, and stylistically we look too much like the Falcons. I'm glad these won't get more than just a few game's usage.
I agree!! The white helmets are immaculate & always have been.

Reactions: PJ1

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Game aside, I do NOT like the new helmets on field. Loved them when they're being shown on a podium, but in-game action? It looks like a red blob on the helmet, and stylistically we look too much like the Falcons. I'm glad these won't get more than just a few game's usage.
Two sets of black helmets seemed awkward. It was too much black between the two teams. I need to see them against a team with a different palette.

I also think outdoor games with the sun shining on them might be best case.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know quite a few posters on here have given up on Josh Jones, and that has been a mistake. Not every player develops the same.
Not only that. People will trash him when he is mediocre to bad when he plays as a G. Say he’s a lost cause etc… Clearly the guy is a T and needs to be judged as one. Been lots of good players over the years in this league who are strictly a RT or a LT and good at it but would have struggled alsewhere.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not only that. People will trash him when he is mediocre to bad when he plays as a G. Say he’s a lost cause etc… Clearly the guy is a T and needs to be judged as one. Been lots of good players over the years in this league who are strictly a RT or a LT and good at it but would have struggled alsewhere.
I mentioned Bobbie Massie a few weeks ago. I think many people forgot how long it took for him to be a solid tackle. He was a much worse player than Jones was his first 8 games in the NFL. He gave up like 10 sacks and a slew of penalties. He turned it around the last eight games of his rookie year. But then Arians came in and he didn't trust Massie so he started Winston, so Massie didn't become a regular starter until year three. It sometimes takes time for these guys to develop.

It's funny because even though Jones was bad at RG, so was Max Garcia. It wasn't like Garcia stepped in an solidified the position, far from it.

Right now he is stuck behind Kelvin Beachum who is a really solid veteran and a leader on the Cardinals. He's not going to dislodge him unless he dominates. That doesn't mean that Jones "sucks".

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What, we've been playing someone out of position? Never lol

I quite agree with you. He may just be the LTOF. Can't be sure yet, but also can't rule it out.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two sets of black helmets seemed awkward. It was too much black between the two teams. I need to see them against a team with a different palette.

I also think outdoor games with the sun shining on them might be best case.
That's fair. Still don't like the blotchy looking Cardinal on the helmet though. I think the consensus is that a white outline would help it out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mentioned Bobbie Massie a few weeks ago. I think many people forgot how long it took for him to be a solid tackle. He was a much worse player than Jones was his first 8 games in the NFL. He gave up like 10 sacks and a slew of penalties. He turned it around the last eight games of his rookie year. But then Arians came in and he didn't trust Massie so he started Winston, so Massie didn't become a regular starter until year three. It sometimes takes time for these guys to develop.

It's funny because even though Jones was bad at RG, so was Max Garcia. It wasn't like Garcia stepped in an solidified the position, far from it.

Right now he is stuck behind Kelvin Beachum who is a really solid veteran and a leader on the Cardinals. He's not going to dislodge him unless he dominates. That doesn't mean that Jones "sucks".
Still skeptical but agree that this at least a positive. How it translates moving forward, I have no idea. LT is locked up for two more years at least. RT might be an option next year but that isn't where he was playing when he looked his best. Some guys can flip sides of the offensive line and be fine, others not so much. OG is pretty clearly not an option moving forward. We will see but I am not going to count on anything at this point.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The "problem" for Jones is his best position seems to be LT but we have Hump there and I can't see us trusting Jones enough to let Hump go anytime soon. It was preseason and not starters but he looked so much better at LT than RT it was just obvious right away. At RT it seems like Jones jumps offsides on half the plays, most don't get called but he's so worried about a fast get off by the guy he's blocking he's constantly on edge. at LT he just seems to have better footwork so he's not worried about getting beat right at the snap, so he's not getting false starts or penalties caused by that.

We have 2 solid starter tackles so if Jones can look this good consistently it helps but eventually you get into how does he get on the field at the position he plays best, LT?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose