Rattlers suck

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What happened to the Rattlers? They were so dominant for so long, now they are an afterthought. Discuss.

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Well, less talent combined with a rash of injuries to the WR's have decimated the team.

That, plus they suffered a lot of really close losses early in the season where they blew a few games they should have won. They win those games and who knows how the season turns out, but they didn't and the team struggled.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, less talent combined with a rash of injuries to the WR's have decimated the team.

That, plus they suffered a lot of really close losses early in the season where they blew a few games they should have won. They win those games and who knows how the season turns out, but they didn't and the team struggled.
Ummm...this is the "Other Sports" forum...we're talking about the Rattlers, not the Cardinals...

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't know, this is terrible and I don't see it getting better soon. No one's going to be able to replace Bonner. It all went downhill once they fired Danny White. I still love the Rattlers and the Arena game so I'm still planning on getting me some season tickets once I'm done with school and have a real job. Maybe they'll be good by then.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
The team is just old. Their core players have been with the team for years and now are at the end of their careers. In order to keep them here the franchise has let other younger players move on to other places to pay for the likes of Bonner, Gatewood, Kelly, Tucker, etc... (see the mass exodus to Utah). Perhaps more importantly the front office made a big mistake when they decided to replace Danny White with a crack head and then a GM who is pretending to be a coach.

Reaction score
incase you didnt notice the rattlers are about to move into the nfl league where they will go undefeated and win the superbowl.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
What happened to the Rattlers? They were so dominant for so long, now they are an afterthought. Discuss.

No doubt, my boys had a bad year, happens to the best sometimes.

The team and the fans had not even recovered from the "never to be mentioned by name previous owner", who single handedly killed the fan base, the enthusiasm and holds the responsibility for that mentioned exodus from AZ to UT before getting hit with these new defensive schemes and rule changes, topped by all the injuries a situation was created that we could not recover from.

The Republic is reporting that Coach Gene will not be back next year as coach; my best wishes to him, he stepped into a difficult situation when called on. Depending on our off season moves I think we have an exciting future to look forward to.

My personal feeling is that neither Bonner, Gatewood nor Kelly are “old” and they have another season in them if they choose to play. There is nothing compared to Bonner-Gatewood on the field at the same time when they are clicking. If they choose to retire they have given us many seasons of thrills and there is not much more to ask of them. We do need a head coach so, are you listening Sed? How would you like to build a dynasty of a different kind? ;) Have we had an arena player that holds a ring capture another as head coach?

The Arena season enters the playoffs and it is difficult being sidelined especially with an actual sell-out in New Orleans for the big game, as much as I disliked the neutral location championship that is something.

Nasser22

Reaction score
To add on to this horrible year, the Sabercats just won the championship. Where's the barfing smiley? Ugh....now the Rattlers' biggest rivals have one more championship than we do too...

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
To add on to this horrible year, the Sabercats just won the championship. Where's the barfing smiley? Ugh....now the Rattlers' biggest rivals have one more championship than we do too...

If we don't get our act together for next season, the Sabercats will no longer consider us a rival biggest or otherwise, there's no such thing as a one sided rivalry.

I don't necessarily root for them but I fdo admire what San Jose has managed to build over the years. They played a good season, fought back hard and earned their championship.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of that determination on out field next year.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I think the Rattlers are looking at some of San Jose's coaches to maybe fill the vacancy here. I guess we'll know shortly.

Nasser22

Reaction score
It's too bad Plank decided to stay with Georgia. I would have loved him here as the next head coach.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It's too bad Plank decided to stay with Georgia. I would have loved him here as the next head coach.

Very true, of course he should have been our last coach too :)

Hopefully we will get an answer to "WhostheCoach" shortly.