Rate the Hollywood Brown trade

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
This is such a great point.

It all goes to the notion that Keim never has a long term plan or vision for the team. His lack of foresight has been obvious for years, the only thing that is truly important is what’s right in front of his face, damn the future. It’s a reason our cap is always so f’ed up.
Agree here. I’ve been a fan of the Cardinals for many decades. Since the current GM was promoted, I have no idea what the team’s vision is. I hated the Brown trade from the very beginning. I’m thinking the Cards could have gotten by for 6 games without Brown and added a premier piece that would have been around for years. To me, you don’t trade your No. 1 pick away unless you get more back than you give up. In this case the cards did not.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I would try to keep both players, but only at reasonable dollars.
lol. This should tell you what you need to know about Brown. Sunk cost. Ship him in the offseason for something better than a 3rd rounder.
Brown is not a dominant receiver. However, he is a solid complimentary WR. If he can be extended at a reasonable cost I’m good with him. I fear he sees himself as a number 1 and if that’s the case, I’d move him. There’s no longer a justification to appease Murray. If he wanted Brown, Murray should have found a way to get him the ball more often, though admittedly they weren’t on the field together often. Hopkins & Dortch make me think they could fill the third receiver with just a decent vet.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Given the amount of injuries, inconsitancy of execution etc. - it’s hard to evaluate anything. Too many ifs and wouldas.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Let me help you out here Mr. Entitled Brown "I was irresponsible and should up late to a meeting, so Coach had to act responsibly towards my teammates and cut my playing time"... ps, your haircut does not look cool on you and hopefully that is not what made you late to the meeting

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would try to keep both players, but only at reasonable dollars.

Brown is not a dominant receiver. However, he is a solid complimentary WR. If he can be extended at a reasonable cost I’m good with him. I fear he sees himself as a number 1 and if that’s the case, I’d move him. There’s no longer a justification to appease Murray. If he wanted Brown, Murray should have found a way to get him the ball more often, though admittedly they weren’t on the field together often. Hopkins & Dortch make me think they could fill the third receiver with just a decent vet.
My guess is he is asking for 20 mil per year so I am out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My guess is he is asking for 20 mil per year so I am out.
What will probably happen is that he will ask for that, the Cardinals will say no, and to appease his ego like a lot of players he will accept less money than the Cardinals offered just to go somewhere else and not admit his mistake out of pride

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We got in this position of having to make weak trades and pay top dollar for these mediocre vets only because we have whiffed on our draft picks so often. When you basically have no draft, you have to get players from somewhere at any price. We should be paying rookie prices and contracts for a lot better players than we have. That hurts your cap and creates a vicious spiral of downward momentum all around.

OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kirk dominating tonight.

Can't believe we spent a 1st rounder for a downgrade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave