Rashad Johnson loses top of middle finger

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
How did it get injured? Was it stuck in a facemask?

I thought I saw somewhere today that he actually jammed it in the turf or something like that and it wasn't due to being stuck in a facemask.

Those pics BIM posted made me a little queezy!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I remember rolling my eyes when they said during the game that he was out with a finger issue.

Shame on me.

Tough dude, you can see why he remains one of Nick Saban's favorite players.

Go Cards!!!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nah. Grand scheme really no biggie. What I don't get is how a safety Is day to day?

Funny story...
I actually sliced a chunk of the tip of my thumb off w/ a razor blade many years back. Basically a 1/3" wide circle on the side of the nail. I wrapped it up tight in paper towels, put some foil around it to prevent it from getting cut again and taped it up. Worked for another 6hrs or so like that until the pain was too much.
It might not sound like much, but the exposed nerves and vessels (wouldn't stop bleeding) were too much. I can only imagine how Johnson's was, unless they numbed it right away.

Once mine was numb, cauterized and bandaged it wasn't that bad to deal with. If his was cauterized too (after cleanup) it probably won't be that bad pain-wise.

After he gets past the infection point, if it can be taped up securely then he'll back on the field.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny story...
I actually sliced a chunk of the tip of my thumb off w/ a razor blade many years back. Basically a 1/3" wide circle on the side of the nail. I wrapped it up tight in paper towels, put some foil around it to prevent it from getting cut again and taped it up. Worked for another 6hrs or so like that until the pain was too much.
It might not sound like much, but the exposed nerves and vessels (wouldn't stop bleeding) were too much. I can only imagine how Johnson's was, unless they numbed it right away.

Once mine was numb, cauterized and bandaged it wasn't that bad to deal with. If his was cauterized too (after cleanup) it probably won't be that bad pain-wise.

After he gets past the infection point, if it can be taped up securely then he'll back on the field.

Good story! OUCH!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny story...

Now we know how you got your user name.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle shaved off the tips of all 4 fingers doing some saw work when I was a kid. Thats the extent of the story because I was like 8 and it wasnt me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

:biglaugh:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I've X-rayed a crap ton of amputated fingers. Suprisingly enough most of the time, the guy is just calm or even laughing it up. I know they have a lot of pain killers on board by the time I get to them, but still makes me wonder how much pain there is from it. Now arms and legs, no amount of pain killers are going to numb those painless.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson expects to play Sunday for Cardinals

But as far as Johnson’s concerned, ’tis but a flesh wound.

“Yes, in my gut, I think I’ll play,” Johnson said.Johnson said he will defer to the doctors that need to give him clearance in order to see the field Sunday.

Johnson has yet to practice this week but did get some work in Thursday to see how his fingered felt with an increased heartbeat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose