Raptors

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
For what it's worth, John Hollinger thinks that the Raptors could be after Durant. But wasn't it speculated that they also had interest in Ayton? And didn't I hear that Siakam is less than happy there? So why not deal directly with Toronto and leave the Nets out of the picture?

ESPN's Trade Machine says this works:

Phoenix gets
Pascal Siakam ($35.4 million next season, contract ends 2024)
Precious Achiuwa (2.8, 2024)
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (1.9, 2023, salary filler)
future first-round pick

Toronto gets
Deandre Ayton (30.9, 2026)
Landry Shamet (9.5, 2026)
Dario Saric (9.2, 2023)

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From a few weeks ago, but there’s been chatter of Anunoby and others being unhappy. Pretty vague.

I haven’t seen much on Siakam. He did just give out a ton of laptops in a Toronto neighborhood, which was cool, though!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like that more Than kd younger talent to surround book cp3 than another 30 plus inj history player the raptors guys

Honestly starting to think suns gonna try to resign da run it back

Gonna be a interesting week or till major sign trade occurs

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton just needs to resign with the Suns...............................
It's just not happening.

If there was any intention or desire to do that we would have heard it by now. If he comes back it will be as a hostage, and that's not really good for either party.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's true the Raptors want Durant? They are not going to be involved with any Suns trade that makes it easier for us to get him. So, that makes me think they don't have interest in Ayton either.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's true the Raptors want Durant? They are not going to be involved with any Suns trade that makes it easier for us to get him. So, that makes me think they don't have interest in Ayton either.
I think they do have some interest in DA, as they were trying to trade for Gobert.

That said, I think they want Durant a whole lot more than they want DA.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they do have some interest in DA, as they were trying to trade for Gobert.

That said, I think they want Durant a whole lot more than they want DA.
The Raptors are not going to do us any favors to help us land Durant. That includes making a trade for DA which would give us more asset pieces for the Nets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Raptors are not going to do us any favors to help us land Durant. That includes making a trade for DA which would give us more asset pieces for the Nets.
Of course not, they will only do it if it is in their best interest, but it could be.

That said, I still think a Utah 3 way will happen, although it could turn into a 4 team trade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course not, they will only do it if it is in their best interest, but it could be.

That said, I still think a Utah 3 way will happen, although it could turn into a 4 team trade.
Utah has to move Mitchell or the Nets have to move Kyrie first. So, unless one of those happens there won't be a 3 way between the Suns, Nets, Utah.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah has to move Mitchell or the Nets have to move Kyrie first. So, unless one of those happens there won't be a 3 way between the Suns, Nets, Utah.

They don't need to move either of those guys. A trade sending Ayton to Utah, KD to PHX, and a bunch of picks and filler to Brooklyn doesn't require any extra activity.

Utah can then build around Mitchell and Ayton, Suns have their new big 3 of KD, CP3, and Book, and the Nets have Simmons plus a boatload of assets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don't need to move either of those guys. A trade sending Ayton to Utah, KD to PHX, and a bunch of picks and filler to Brooklyn doesn't require any extra activity.

Utah can then build around Mitchell and Ayton, Suns have their new big 3 of KD, CP3, and Book, and the Nets have Simmons plus a boatload of assets.
Exactly, I am thinking Utah does not really want to include Mitchell in the deal and that was false reporting.

I am getting the impression the Nets are just trying to squeeze every bit of return out of the deal they can by delaying and hoping phoenix caves - caves to include mikal would be my guess.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

One complicating factor is the fact that Brooklyn has no incentive to be bad as Houston owns their picks from the Harden trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One complicating factor is the fact that Brooklyn has no incentive to be bad as Houston owns their picks from the Harden trade.

I get that. I think they could be a play-in team if they add a few rotation players and swap Russ with Kyrie.

I know a lot of people are down on Westbrook but outside of him being a 3rd wheel on the Lakers he's been to the playoffs every year since he split with KD in OKC. They won't contend but they can ride him for a season before they go free agent shopping. They'll have some decent players surrounding him, can wait for Simmons to heal up and rehab, and take their time. Guys they'd get from us would be expiring deals, like Russ, so they can clear 60-70 million in salary.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Nets are already balking at what the Suns can offer now allegedly. So, what does including Utah buy them in that scenario? The Nets are going to need more than just picks to want to entertain that trade. Mitchell was rumored to be part of that trade because outside of Mitchell Utah doesn't have enough to be a trade partner in that scenario. With Mitchell out of that scenario? Seems like a non-starter unless Utah can acquire other assets in a separate trade.

There is a reason the Raptors have emerged as a dark horse in all of this.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are already balking at what the Suns can offer now allegedly. So, what does including Utah buy them in that scenario? The Nets are going to need more than just picks to want to entertain that trade. Mitchell was rumored to be part of that trade because outside of Mitchell Utah doesn't have enough to be a trade partner in that scenario. With Mitchell out of that scenario? Seems like a non-starter unless Utah can acquire other assets in a separate trade.

There is a reason the Raptors have emerged as a dark horse in all of this.
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the Heat and the Suns are the only ones that showed any real interest and they both balked when the Nets outlined what they want back. IOW I think most of these rumors are just wild speculation.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Nets truly don't want Ayton, then we cant beat a package of Barnes, OG, Trent Jr, and picks unless we can move Ayton to a team who values Ayton.

If the cost is Ayton, Bridges, Cam J, and 4 picks + 3 swaps, then I'm out. That's too high for a 34 year old. That would be the price for a healthy < 30 Durant. Maybe it gets us a ring, but it would certainly hamstring the franchise for a decade or more once CP3 retires and Durant declines.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Nets truly don't want Ayton, then we cant beat a package of Barnes, OG, Trent Jr, and picks unless we can move Ayton to a team who values Ayton

We can't beat that package if they don't want Ayton but reports are the Raptors don't want to include Barnes. They want Siakam as their centerpiece since I guess he wants out of Toronto. That makes it a little easier to beat or match but I could see KD being pissed about being sent to Toronto because they'd be left with a so-so team with a ceiling of a 2nd round exit.

I can see the Raptors considering it still. They gambled on Kawhi before but I think it would be a mistake for them. They have a decent team that can grow together right now. KD won't make them a contender.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't beat that package if they don't want Ayton but reports are the Raptors don't want to include Barnes. They want Siakam as their centerpiece since I guess he wants out of Toronto. That makes it a little easier to beat or match but I could see KD being pissed about being sent to Toronto because they'd be left with a so-so team with a ceiling of a 2nd round exit.

I can see the Raptors considering it still. They gambled on Kawhi before but I think it would be a mistake for them. They have a decent team that can grow together right now. KD won't make them a contender.

If Siakam wants out, I'd rather trade for him. Ayton and picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose