Raptors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-3-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Raptors play the Suns in Phoenix. This will be the fourth game of the Suns six game home stand. The previous three games have all been losses.

Raptors (42-18) have lost their last three games including a 133-118 loss at Denver to start their five game road trip.

Suns (24-37) need to rediscover the formula that allowed them to win in Utah.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns injury report.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Cam Johnson remains on the injury report for tomorrow with a low back/right hip contusion and is probable.

Oubre and Kaminsky are still out. Oubre's injury is still listed as a right knee injury.

2:16 PM - 2 Mar 2020

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Kaminsky might be back by now, or they'd say something about when he might be back. He got hurt in early January and it was said they'd re-evaluate him in 4-6 weeks. That has passed, the 6 weeks was towards the end of February. I know we're not far removed from February but it does seem a little odd that there has been no news.

I sent Kellan Olson a tweet asking if he heard anything or if they still plan on bringing Frank back before the season is over. I'd like to know if he's been shut down completely.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Kaminsky might be back by now, or they'd say something about when he might be back. He got hurt in early January and it was said they'd re-evaluate him in 4-6 weeks. That has passed, the 6 weeks was towards the end of February. I know we're not far removed from February but it does seem a little odd that there has been no news.

I sent Kellan Olson a tweet asking if he heard anything or if they still plan on bringing Frank back before the season is over. I'd like to know if he's been shut down completely.

As I understand it, he has a stress fracture to his patella. Stress fractures anywhere are something that requires time and patience because they can lead to a much more serious fracture. For an NBA player, I cannot imagine a much more serious injury than a fractured patella. Not only is a full blown patella fracture one of the most painful things you can imagine, but it requires a long and difficult rehabilitation.

If he plays at all again this season I expect it will be some spot minutes right at the end of the year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I understand it, he has a stress fracture to his patella. Stress fractures anywhere are something that requires time and patience because they can lead to a much more serious fracture. For an NBA player, I cannot imagine a much more serious injury than a fractured patella. Not only is a full blown patella fracture one of the most painful things you can imagine, but it requires a long and difficult rehabilitation.

If he plays at all again this season I expect it will be some spot minutes right at the end of the year.

I knew about the injury. I vaguely remember hearing he had surgery at some point in January though. I'll have to try to find the article that mentioned that. There hasn't been much talk of him since it was revealed he had a stress fracture.

I'm not sure if it's James Jones, Monty, or the new training staff but there really hasn't been much injury information disclosed compared to past years so it's hard to keep up on some things but I remember hearing the 4-6 week timetable in January and then it was theorized whether he returned depended in our place in the standings.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Ok where's the draft thread? We're not winning anything much this spring so I might as well focus on the draft instead of watching half assed millionaire kids play a game without any spirit.

OT I expect some effort here and then fall gradually behind and see the L with 2-3 minutes left. On the bright side (thanks for reading) I hope Ayton takes the ball to the hole a couple of times.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hopefully Cam has a good game and it's funny thinking of playing Ty Jerome as a small forward. That's gonna be really pretty on the inside and on the boards. How about playing Diallo man?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Cam has a good game and it's funny thinking of playing Ty Jerome as a small forward. That's gonna be really pretty on the inside and on the boards. How about playing Diallo man?

I want to see Jerome dunk the ball. :wink2:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok where's the draft thread? We're not winning anything much this spring so I might as well focus on the draft instead of watching half assed millionaire kids play a game without any spirit.

OT I expect some effort here and then fall gradually behind and see the L with 2-3 minutes left. On the bright side (thanks for reading) I hope Ayton takes the ball to the hole a couple of times.

Don't waste your time. Worst looking draft in many many years. Suns are trading the pick also, I am 95% sure.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am just hoping the Suns look respectable tonight. Last 2 games have been embarrassing.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Don't waste your time. Worst looking draft in many many years. Suns are trading the pick also, I am 95% sure.
Knowing our luck, this will be the year we jump up to #1 (for only the 2nd time in our history).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Ibaka, VanVleet or Gasol for Raptors tonight.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

No Ibaka, FVV or Gasol for the Raptors.

They are going small with OG or Siakam as the "center." Three-guard look with Lowry, Powell and McCaw.

5:40 PM - 3 Mar 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton on Siakam very much seems like it would lead to DA fouling out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game about to tipoff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns off to quick start lead 7-4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton blocks Lowry going to the basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Siakam looks like one of those players that is allowed to walk with the ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to see Bridges go in for the jam.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bridges needs to keep shooting from that right corner or right side because he is bad on the left side.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowry is down on the court. He has a towel over eye area and goes to the locker room.

Perhaps a concussion?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson