Raptors @ Suns Friday game thread 3-11-2022

95pro

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most of this is on Monty. First not getting irate at the refs. Second, finally goes big. Third not running the game plan they probably go over in those situations near the end.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No CP3 and Cam Johnson really showed up tonight. This was a playoff style game and without those two, we were exposed…
Payne played so well most of the game, but he just can’t be relied upon to close out the game as the point guard. Hopefully he’ll develop into a more reliable executor in crunch time. But I’m not entirely sure he’s got that in him.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tbink payne gonna get extra pratice this week those were awful make u yell wtf turnovers in 4th just ughhhhh

Suns should have won

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No CP3 and Cam Johnson really showed up tonight. This was a playoff style game and without those two, we were exposed…
Payne played so well most of the game, but he just can’t be relied upon to close out the game as the point guard. Hopefully he’ll develop into a more reliable executor in crunch time. But I’m not entirely sure he’s got that in him.

Payne getting hit in the head twice didn't help.

Finito

Banned
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just a flat out meltdown by Payne and Booker tonight

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea… I don’t think the head shots had anything to do with it. He just isn’t at that level where he can be trusted to close out games and to execute in crunch time.

Payne played 37 minutes and exerted a ton of energy guarding Trent Jr.

In retrospect he may have ran out of gas. Suns need to give Holiday more minutes.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love Book, but he still gives back a lot of his positive value with poor passing and shot selection. That's the next step for him to go from all-star to all-nba imo. Judging by his defensive improvement this year, which has shocked me, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of when, not if.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Disappointing effort overall. You can't continually spot the opposition a 12 point lead heading into the 4th and expect to pull it out. Doesn't help that Gary Trent Jr was a flamethrower all night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media