Random: What was your reaction when...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of either Marbury or Kidd. I lost interest in the Suns and the nba right around that time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of either Marbury or Kidd. I lost interest in the Suns and the nba right around that time.

you lost interest in the Suns when they had young versions of Amare Stoudamire, Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson?

tough crowd

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding Joe Johnson to Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudamire wasn’t enough?

I thought more should have happened that off-season to clear out old timers. Sure they added young talent over the next few years but they didn't commit enough to a rebuild when Kidd was dealt. They stubbornly kept the same team around Marbury up until they traded for JJ when it was clear they weren't competing for the postseason.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you lost interest in the Suns when they had young versions of Amare Stoudamire, Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson?

tough crowd

It was like right before them, idr, the time frame so much during that period. Was busy with school and starting a family.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was ok with it. I was never really a Kidd fan. I don't like his personality, and I didn't like his inability to shoot.
The thing I hated about Kidd was he was selfish with his assists. I know that sounds strange. He would be at the rim for a lay-up and pass it out to the three-point line to pad his assist stats.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I really can't remember. I had no love for Kidd after the french fry incident, but I didn't have much of a read on Marbury.

Once Marbury was on the Suns, he became a bit of a whipping boy on this board. He's in the top 20 all-time for assists per game -- ahead of Mark Price, Gary Payton, and Maurice Cheeks -- and averaged nearly 11 per game with the Suns, but still got tagged with a "selfish" label.

Fun fact that I just looked up: One of the draft picks that the Suns acquired when they traded Marbury to the Knicks turned out to be Gordon Hayward.

You mean that awkward couch interview with him and Joumana didn’t change your mind?