Rand Paul discussion

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by jf-08, Oct 25, 2018.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I do think Chinas actions were after Trump coming into office but which of Trumps policies is creating the vacuum in the south China sea? I ask sincere questions and you guys just make the same basic comments without even actually having a discussion. I mean, are you trying to have discussion? Or just make statements? Its a real question. I do not know much of that conflict besides China clearly testing the waters.

This Russian thing happened before Trump so I am not sure how Trumps policy let them go to ukraine? That one just seems incorrect.

Now the right cared about the ukraine thing and doesnt seem to anymore, I would agree with that but im not sure about the comments you are making how trump is empowering and greenlighting the evil of the world but then you say they are playing a centuries game :shrug:

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Rand Paul is a prick of the highest order. This is the last wasted breath I spend on him.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  3. BigRedRage

I forgot about their land building in the sea too. I do remember that. These are all valid points and discussions, good post.

My comment was moreso just based on a loose overraeactionary comment that still hasnt really been focused on so I'll just let that one go to the recycle bin. If the only major change within the trump admin is we started announcing our presense before showing up, thats still not greenlighting china to do what they want. I mean, if anything, we are pressuring china. Now, when China decides to give in and stroke trumps ego, would he stop them from becoming more aggressive? probably not. But that is prognastication vs people saying "this is happening"

4. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

The reason is RP #1 deal is the debt ... Except when republians want to blow it up

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

BRR, who are these “other large military powers” of which you speak? (Purposefully ignoring the large economic powers bc we needn’t a large army to combat that). I just listened to a fascinating economic/investing podcast regarding the current global structure and where it’s headed. So much will be based on the fact that at present the U.S. has the only viable global navy and as we recede from policing the trade routes everything is going to become regionalized and that will kneecap Russia and China with japan and Argentina joining the U.S. as relatively stable world powers because they’re the only ones that either have the natural resources to be self sufficient (Argentina - which I found interesting) or an established navy to ensure a global trade presence (japan as an island based nation). The expert said Russia doesn’t possess the might it used to in order to ensure its trade necessity commodities and as a result, unless we allow them to invade wherever they want completely unchecked, they’ll never regain that scale again. Essentially he said we just need to monitor them militarily and no one else. Intimating there are no other large military powers, not many avenues for them to grow into existence in the current iteration of the world order.

6. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Side note: I’m looking at retiring in Argentina.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  7. BigRedRage

Interesting.

I did mean places like Russia and just making sure they cannot do things unchecked. They are hungry for the oil routes

I just got up from a nap, that's all I've got at the moment.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

8. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Keep your money in rubles!

9. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Why Argentina?

10. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

If it's good enough for Robert Duvall, it's good enough for LVG and me....

11. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

And alot of Nazis...

Seriously, why are you drawn there?

12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

It’s actually supposed to amazing. Other than the danger of decapitation.

13. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Uhhhhhhh... I'd be quite surprised if there''s a single Nazi left there......

14. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Yeah I realize that but certainly those that escaped there had kids and such who may very well follow in dad's footsteps.

15. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Easy to buy and own and transfer property; low cost of living and good health care; unlikely to get into a war (unless the Falklands happens again). Good selection of climates.

UncleChris likes this.