Rams were toast when............

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They decided to wear those ugly blue & gold uniforms. As soon as I saw them, I told my family the game was over. The old blue & white uni's the Rams wore when back in LA during the 60's/70's are classics. They need to take out every ounce of gold in them next year. Otherwise, they are still the St. Louis Rams loser franchise.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
They decided to wear those ugly blue & gold uniforms. As soon as I saw them, I told my family the game was over. The old blue & white uni's the Rams wore when back in LA during the 60's/70's are classics. They need to take out every ounce of gold in them next year. Otherwise, they are still the St. Louis Rams loser franchise.

It's already been reported that they are unveiling a "modernization" of their classic uniforms for the new stadium in 2020.

One more season with the hideous uniforms (the standard Navy and White helmets are atrocious IMO), and dated throwbacks.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked the Rams throw back Jersey.
It is close tie between those jerseys and the San Diego Powder Blue jersey, as the best in the league.imo

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno man. I like the rams blue and gold.....greatest show on turf rocked that blue and gold pretty good
and it ties back to the LA Rams days...everett and Bettis wore that uniform didnt they?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dunno man. I like the rams blue and gold.....greatest show on turf rocked that blue and gold pretty good
and it ties back to the LA Rams days...everett and Bettis wore that uniform didnt they?
Yup. The navy and metallic gold was what I’ll remember St. Louis for - yuck.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes. Those jerseys were awesome. Trying to make the 2000 Super Bowl result right.

The Rams were toast when Jared Goff was exposed as an utter fraud.

Not calling McVay a fraud by any means, but he got completely outcoached yesterday, admitted as much, and failed to adjust to what the Pats were doing on D.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at the responses here, it is funny how different everyone's tastes are when it comes to uniforms. To each their own, but I tend to like the old traditional uniforms that I grew up watching. I don't think I ever watched on TV an NFL game in color until around 1971. I was 13 years old. I still remember being in awe how green the grass was!!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Not calling McVay a fraud by any means, but he got completely outcoached yesterday, admitted as much, and failed to adjust to what the Pats were doing on D.

Can't give enough credit to the Pats D, especially the last 2 games. Unbelievable results shutting down the best offenses in the league when it matters most.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
You’re both wrong. The ones they wore are the best in the league.

Will be interesting to see how they “modernize” them.

I'm hearing rumors that the Jets' new "modernization" might be - let's just say...interesting.

Should be unveiled in a month or two. Black alts apparently as well.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't give enough credit to the Pats D, especially the last 2 games. Unbelievable results shutting down the best offenses in the league when it matters most.

Both defenses were outstanding yesterday. One play in the red zone. Total for the entire game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
- The defense.

- Edelmann

- Gilmore

- Keeping Donald, Suh and Brockers from eating the men opposite them.

I also had the feeling that Belichick was probing the Rams for weakneses during the first three quarters so he could "save up" matchup tactics for use in the fourth quarter.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Todd Gurley must still not have been 100% to only have 10 carries. The offense laid an egg in the most important game of the season.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
They did not call pass interference on their CB for beheading the Saints WR.

You must be registered for see images

Or maybe they have not be toast since they were in St. Louis.

Tough question, lotta in's, lotta out's, lot of interested parties.

Last edited:

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

With all the horizontal eye candy fake jet sweeps the Rams run, the Pats never bought it and continued to stuff whatever the Rams ran from it. The whole time I was saying, one of these plays, it's going to be a real jet sweep and hit for big yards. Never happened though. I don't think the Rams ran a single real jet sweep, did they? What's the whole point of it all if you're not gonna keep the defense honest?

I think the Rams were toast though when they got the ticky tack holding call on the center. Gurley just sprang a nice run to the 50. It looked like they were building momentum and could take the lead. But oof. Now it's 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Todd Gurley must still not have been 100% to only have 10 carries. The offense laid an egg in the most important game of the season.

It seems like a very good idea to invest money and draft picks in the RB position. So glad we've hitched our wagon to David Johnson for the next 3 years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It seems like a very good idea to invest money and draft picks in the RB position. So glad we've hitched our wagon to David Johnson for the next 3 years.
While I agree to a point, it is much less of a detriment when you have a QB on a rookie deal.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They won a Super Bowl in those uniforms. Every championship they ever won was with gold in their uniform. They won nothing in the blue and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Copper Kupp went down during the season and McWonderboy decided not to throw any screens to slow down the interior rush. Kupp would have been a great safety valve for that choke artist of a QB.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When pass interference was not called on the Patriots on a potential TD pass by Goff.