Rams | Request Permission to talk to one of our own for GM position

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
The Rams have reportedly requested permission to interview Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim fore their GM vacancy.

This is the first we've heard of Keim, who has been with Arizona for 13 years, as a GM candidate. He joins Les Snead of the Falcons, Eric DeCosta of the Ravens, and perhaps Tom Telesco of the Colts as early candidates to replace Billy Devaney in the Rams front office.

rotoworld

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have heard his name mentioned before and recently quite a bit. Would be a big loss. Seems to be well respected.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This the guy who has helped turn our drafts around right? Kick rocks Lammmies, don't let the door hit ya, but take Graves with ya....:p

Graves can stay if we get CC signed without breaking bad.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Please, fire Graves and promote Keim. Whis would step into the void created by Keim's departure. We could look forward to more awesome picks like Alan Branch and Levi Brown.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know what you dudes are talking about. I'm fine (mostly) with our current situation (I'm talking management, from coaches on up). When we start sucking again bigtime, like last year, and we do that consistently, then I'll whine like a little girl. This the best front office and coaching staff we've had (aside from Don Coryell back in the day, and I liked him a lot more when he was with the Chargers). Putting it matter-of-factly, you guys are insane for wanting changes after we just finished 8-8 after starting 1-6. After finishing 5-11 last year. After finishing 10-6 the year before and beating GB in the playoffs. After going 9-7 and going to the SB before then. And again after going 8-8 before that. Just insane and illogical. It makes no sense.

Let's shake up the only good run we've had in the modern era. Ridiculous. Whis pointed out the 5-11, 8-8, 9-7 SB when he first got here, and how it mirrored last years 5-11, this years 8-8 and next year who knows. This is a team on the rise, you don't mess with that.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Keim's name was tossed out there on a (national) morning show earlier in the week...pretty sure it was on Mike and Mike.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Please, fire Graves and promote Keim. Whis would step into the void created by Keim's departure. We could look forward to more awesome picks like Alan Branch and Levi Brown.
I can't tell which one of us is being more sarcastic anymore.:p I think we need another rebuild.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cardinals response to this request should be:

You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wish someone in the FO had the balls to move graves to community relations director and promote Kiem.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All teams have drafting failures, every team has swung and missed with high picks.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like this paragraph from the above article:

Quietly, the Cards have enjoyed as much drafting success in recent years as any team in the league. Before last April’s draft, Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune did a study on draft success which found that over the previous five years – since Graves had taken charge of Arizona’s draft – 18 of 33 players picked by the Cardinals had become NFL starters, a league high.

Note that this was written in 2009.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like this paragraph from the above article:

Note that this was written in 2009.
Yamon, homie was on his way up way back when. The way they talk about BPA, regardless of position... AW rules!
number1.gif

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
All teams have drafting failures, every team has swung and missed with high picks.

How many teams have the mess we have in the 3rd round.

I mean holy Buster Davis, we have had no luck in the 3rd for a long time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose