Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 12-23-18

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Today's game was same as Redskins game in week 1. How can they not show an ounce of improvement in 16 weeks in any aspect or phase of the game. I mean how is this possible? I am so perplexed.

What does Wilks do from Monday to Sunday?
There was improvement, we can score at least once a game. That is an improvment not much but still ... this HC has no clue whatsoever and he doesn't get you convinced that he gets the x and o's right.

I don't know... on a 2TE RB 2WR Set on the goalline he puts a 4-2-5 out.

Many opponents must think, okay this week we play chesse and our opponent plays checkers.

And there aren't adaptions there is no adjustment whatsoever.

So yes worst HC in History maybe.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was improvement, we can score at least once a game. That is an improvment not much but still ... this HC has no clue whatsoever and he doesn't get you convinced that he gets the x and o's right.

I don't know... on a 2TE RB 2WR Set on the goalline he puts a 4-2-5 out.

Many opponents must think, okay this week we play chesse and our opponent plays checkers.

And there aren't adaptions there is no adjustment whatsoever.

So yes worst HC in History maybe.

I don't see any improvement. They had to resort to trickery to get a TD and gave up 167 yards to someone who was out of NFL until Monday. I say it is worse.

How can any team hire Wilks again as defensive coordinator? Unless Rivera hires him, Wilks is going to be an assistant like Tom Sula or Mike Singletary and never to be heard from again.

My primary concern is Does Bidwill know what mistakes were made that got them Wilks?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
rosen today 12/23 83 yards

it is a costant

nerver touched a 300 yards in 1 game, average for a game is like 150 yards for game

those are ryan lindley numbers
with an injured arm

Actually, they showed a graphic during the game...Rosen's numbers are on par (150 yards/game) with Goff in his rookie season. Goff had 5 tds and 7 ints...The graphic showed Rosen with 10 and 14, respectively...same ratio as Goff. It's actually a little eerie how similar their rookie years have been. Crap coaching + Crap Gameplanning + Crap Playcalling = Tough Rookie Season

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully he's asking to be executed...to be put out of his coaching misery.

I think Wilks is begging to be let go.. I was thinking initially it will happen tomorrow too. But as Kent Somers pointed Bidwill would not do it on Christmas Eve. Makes sense.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The defense needs to grow a pair too. All 11 of them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Wilks is begging to be let go.. I was thinking initially it will happen tomorrow too. But as Kent Somers pointed Bidwill would not do it on Christmas Eve. Makes sense.

Honestly, it would be a great Christmas present to Wilks...He'd be able to relax and celebrate in relative peace with his family. It's actually a dis-service to drag it out and keep him on edge any longer.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly, it would be a great Christmas present to Wilks...He'd be able to relax and celebrate in relative peace with his family. It's actually a dis-service to drag it out and keep him on edge any longer.

I doubt Bidwill would like to have something like "the owner who fired a spiritual rookie head coach on Christmas Eve" in his history. So doubt it will happen; though your premise is correct.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should the Cardinals consider Urban Meyer to replace Wilks?

No. No. No.

Besides, Meyer has said he is done with coaching. He is going to co-teach some classes and be an assistant AD at OSU.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki‏Verified account@mikejurecki 9m9 minutes ago
Mike Jurecki Retweeted Pro Football Focus

Per @PFF “Andy Lee, 69.1 grade
Lee punted the ball five times in the Cardinals’ loss to the Rams, with four of those landing inside the opposing 20-yard line. He averaged 49.2 yards per punt and 44.0 net yards per punt.”

Reaction score

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL at all those saying it was definitely Fitz's last game just because they drew up a pass play for him.

He passed the ball in last year's final home game, too. A 23-0 win over the Giants on Christmas Eve.

You must be registered for see images attach

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

His post game presser was painful to watch - I thought he was about to cry. I genuinely feel badly for the guy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What "sources" are you referring to? Specifically.
The article links to Adam Schefter report. Schefter has a great track record. This is after Kent Somers said, last week, it is a fore gone conclusion Wilks be relieved of head coaching job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave