Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 12-13-2021

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Rams Cards both wind up 12-5 (which I believe will happen) will cards still won division?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team just didn't come out with the necessary fire in their belly..on a Monday night in front of the national crowd, nonetheless. Weird. But hey, it's what we do.. :|

Now, just learn from your crappy energy and put it into the Colt's game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The stats don’t say that? 457 yards and we lost 20 on the last one. 477 yards of offense is like top 8 this year from anyone

But turnovers are key, and you know that. The first Int? Eh.. kind of unlucky, but still on Murray.

The 2nd INT was egregious. We aren't winning poop with Murray making plays like that.

Look, this game is not the end of the season. We still have hope. That's what's great about the NFL. Not so much riding on each game like in college.

But this team better figure out what the F it's doing at home man. This is too weird. 11 TOs at home, vs. 2 on the road, and we've had one more game on the road to boot.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unable to overcome losing the coin toss again. Anyway learn your lessons & move on quickly. Back to Back short weeks incoming. The major problem now is D Hop & Conner injuries.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This team just didn't come out with the necessary fire in their belly..on a Monday night in front of the national crowd, nonetheless. Weird. But hey, it's what we do.. :|

Now, just learn from your crappy energy and put it into the Colt's game.

I agree we looked a little flat tonight.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
and to top it off, I lost by 5 points because the other guy had Prater….lol. Oh well, this loss saved me hours of recording and watching sports shows this week. NOW LETS GO BITE SOME KNEECAPS!!!!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it’s pretty perplexing why this team can’t get up for this game? Do you not think the Rams didn’t remember the first game we played them? Aaron Donald didn’t remember how we shut him down? They came in with a huge chip and out hustled us all night long. They were playing all out and we acted like we could just show up and win… KK really regressed the past few games this game and the Carolina games were both a **** show, mainly I see a Defense abs scheme that just bad gives up yards on any run and plays way off leaving open many short passes and I mean WIDE OPEN. Can you imagine what Brady would do to our D with his short passing? Defense will be our downfall book it, we can score with anyone but lately or since Watt went down we don’t get consistent pressure and a DC who wants to play off coverage and not blitz nearly enough to get any pressure, it’s mind boggling!

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But turnovers are key, and you know that. The first Int? Eh.. kind of unlucky, but still on Murray.

The 2nd INT was egregious. We aren't winning poop with Murray making plays like that.

Look, this game is not the end of the season. We still have hope. That's what's great about the NFL. Not so much riding on each game like in college.

But this team better figure out what the F it's doing at home man. This is too weird. 11 TOs at home, vs. 2 on the road, and we've had one more game on the road to boot.
This is why I don’t care about 1 seed. Especially since we will
Be underdogs. We suck with the expectations of being better and the favorite. All 3 losses we were big favorites. Let us Goto Tampa or Green Bay. We have nothing to lose and we won’t be favored.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. 2 min rules are drilled into QBs from middle school. If Kyler doesn't have the concept down by now it is on him. Save clock. Throw outside. Don't take sacks. These aren't NFL concepts, they are basic football concepts.
Absolutely, the basics are something he should know already

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There were several games this season that even though they won by double digits the game was like a root canal without novacaine. They got some breaks in a couple of games also. That's life in the NFL, especially TODAY'S NFL.

If you are what your record says you are as Bill Parcells said, then this is a pretty darn good football team. Are they a "great" football team? No, not really. Can they win a SB this year? Possibly but not likely IMO.

Having been a fan for over 50 years I will take this season over most of those. After the last 5 years or so I am happy watching this team again. Last night notwithstanding this team has been a blast to watch and root for.

My DARKSIDER will remain chained in the basement for the remainder of this season. I will NOT quit this team.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled posting...

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why didn't VJ put pressure on Stafford from the very beginning and not let him get comfortable and get his confidence?

Why do we continue to play soft coverage D?

Everyone in the entire nation knew they were going to Kupp and no double coverage with someone bumping him at the line

This D gets a lot of credit

But I see a lot of holes

We still can't wrap up runners and it takes numerous guys to tackle the guy with the ball

I don't like VJ and his defense schemes or lack of

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PFT’s Week 15 2021 power rankings

1. Packers (10-3, No. last week No. 3): Did you hear that Aaron Rodgers has a broken pinkie toe?

2. Patriots (9-4, No. 2): The No. 1 seed is within their grasp. It’ll be a disappointment at this point if they don’t get it.

3. Buccaneers (10-3, No. 4): Four straight wins and a final stretch with favorable matchups could mean that the road to this year’s Super Bowl will go through the place where last year’s Super Bowl was played.

4. Rams (9-4, No. 6): Desperation always is the difference maker.

5. Chiefs (9-4, No. 5): They’re back, even if no one wants to accept it.

6. Cardinals (10-3, No. 1): Do they have the experience and maturity to win high-stakes games?

7. Cowboys (9-4, No. 7): Micah Parsons should play offense, too.

8. Titans (9-4, No. 9): If they get Derrick Henry back for the playoffs, they’ll be a problem.

9. Ravens (8-5, No. 8): They can still win the division. Can they win in the postseason?

10. Colts (7-6, No. 10): They’ll be the toughest out in the AFC playoff field.