Rain Man Mock Draft

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok so I'm new (kind of) formally known as Riegn Blood...Lol grrr this is my top 8

The first pick at # 8 for us is what happens before us obviously but let's take a look at her plz...

So Burrow is written in stone and the Redskins are dumber than Haskins to trade out or to not take Chase.

The Lions must either be a winner finally or draft for the future. I say they trade down. I say the Dolphins swoop in like a chicken on a cockroach and offer a package. They grab Tua.

At 4...
The Giants stay since the two best qb prospects (lol) are off the board. They pick Wrifs

At 5. Lions... they always screw it up so I'll say a Wr. Nope ....Lol since traded down they can grab another great player down the line. Brown .. Auburn

At 6

The Chargers. Hummm

Herbert

7. Panthers. I actually see them trading down. Three of the QBs off the board with so much need like every team in the top ten? A trade with Denver.the GM never has traded down but hey this is my mock. Denver...Ruggs

8. The Cardinals licking their chops.

"With the 8th pick in the 2020 draft the Arizona Cardinals select...Jeff Okudah"

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd take him.

I think my rank would be.. 1. Brown 2. Simmons 3. Okudah 4. Wills 5. Lamb.. I've got to think one of them would be there.. I'll be happier the closer to 1... but I doubt the top three will be there.. I don't think I'd pick Wirfs who just looks like he could be a miss..Becton same thing.. Thomas just seems blah to me but would probably be my number 2 choice on Oline.. we have always missed on the potential picks.. lets just pick the most solid in College..

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Ok so I'm new (kind of) formally known as Riegn Blood...Lol grrr this is my top 8

The first pick at # 8 for us is what happens before us obviously but let's take a look at her plz...

So Burrow is written in stone and the Redskins are dumber than Haskins to trade out or to not take Chase.

The Lions must either be a winner finally or draft for the future. I say they trade down. I say the Dolphins swoop in like a chicken on a cockroach and offer a package. They grab Tua.

At 4...
The Giants stay since the two best qb prospects (lol) are off the board. They pick Wrifs

At 5. Lions... they always screw it up so I'll say a Wr. Nope ....Lol since traded down they can grab another great player down the line. Brown .. Auburn

At 6

The Chargers. Hummm

Herbert

7. Panthers. I actually see them trading down. Three of the QBs off the board with so much need like every team in the top ten? A trade with Denver.the GM never has traded down but hey this is my mock. Denver...Ruggs

"With the 8th pick in the 2020 draft the Arizona Cardinals select...Jeff Okudah"

I would love Okudah but no way he is there at 8.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Alford has proven to be inconsistent, yes.

No, dude has not played a down for us yet and the year he was with the Falcons he was playing through injury. Does that mean he's any good now? Who knows but he's sure not worth any late round pick in a trade which might fair better if he does pan out and you sure the hell do not trade Peterson do you :)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, dude has not played a down for us yet and the year he was with the Falcons he was playing through injury. Does that mean he's any good now? Who knows but he's sure not worth any late round pick in a trade which might fair better if he does pan out and you sure the hell do not trade Peterson do you :)
The biggest question mark with Alford is..........? Can he get back to the way he played during the Falcons run to the SB? You're exactly right, he dealt with nagging injuries in 2018 so his play slipped & they let him walk. Unlucky for us, he got hurt again & we never got to find out. Talk about bad luck, how much better could we have been in 2019 if Alford & Gilbert didn't get injured, plus Philon didn't do the stupid thing with the stripper? I'd like to think 1 or 2 more wins but who knows? Water under the bridge now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Alford has proven to be inconsistent, yes.
As we get closer, I'm more comfortable taking Okudah if he's there. I was against taking him in the same sense I am a WR now, like you know, but free agency positioned us to be relatively level. In a world where we're discussing taking a WR because Fitz might retire, Kirk is somehow bad in the eyes of others, and we're not going to bother developing any WR we've drafted in the past few years, I'll take a guy who can contribute to an aging CB corps.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say this. I would have a big Cheshire Cat grin seeing Alford, Okudah, Murphy and Peterson back there against the likes of freaking Goff, and Jimmy G is better but no world beater... Wilson, that's a different story but we have Squeak and will let the chips fall then where they may :)

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

Not unless your HC is BB.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I initially had Brown to the Lions, but I’m hearing they’ve cooled because he’s basically just an anchor tackle. I’m hearing Okudah from several directions.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lots of Herbert > Tua talk going around.

I don’t think it will affect our situation much as my guess is 5/6 go Tua/Herbert in either order.

Reaction score

At 4...

At 6

The Chargers. Hummm

Herbert

Have you been in this thread since you've been back? You were mia.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/insert-boring-posts-here.238777/

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Tua is going to fall. Several injuries and surgeries in his college career and if he can’t get exams by a team doctor there is no way I’d take him.

His predicament could shuffle this draft in a different direction.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I initially had Brown to the Lions, but I’m hearing they’ve cooled because he’s basically just an anchor tackle. I’m hearing Okudah from several directions.

I’ve never heard anything but Okudah to the lions. He’s been linked to them since day 1

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think Tua is going to fall. Several injuries and surgeries in his college career and if he can’t get exams by a team doctor there is no way I’d take him.

His predicament could shuffle this draft in a different direction.
I'm in no way advocating taking him, but man, I'm gonna be bummed if he does fall and watch him go past us. I'm a big fan of the guy and couldn't have imagined a world where we'd ever have a shot.

Happy with Kyler too - I just think Tua will be great and some team is gonna get a future star.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm in no way advocating taking him, but man, I'm gonna be bummed if he does fall and watch him go past us. I'm a big fan of the guy and couldn't have imagined a world where we'd ever have a shot.

Happy with Kyler too - I just think Tua will be great and some team is gonna get a future star.

if he falls to us I think you can get a haul for him. Trade back and get a 1 next year to from some sucker