Raiders Working Out Murray

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So. The raiders are gonna trade us 4 and 27...and Derek Carr for the first overall pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How far are you willing to get lowballed? Would you do it without receiving both of their late 1sts?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How far are you willing to get lowballed? Would you do it without receiving both of their late 1sts?
We're not coming away with three firsts for Murray.

We're looking at #4, a first, and probably a second rounder and some change.

Which I don't really want to do, but I'd walk away okay-ish with it depending on the players.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Two years ago before the 2017 draft, Gruden said he wish he could coach Patrick Mahomas. I wonder if he sees some of the same things in Murray.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What if the Raiders don't like Murray after the workout?

I think it's more likely Gruden and Murray were 1 1/2 hours late because Gruden was trying to get Murray to diagram a play correctly.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
His track record isnt exactly recent. I dont know how you can surmise that.
Well, he never developed a young QB successfully at TB or OAK, the first time around. All of his success was with getting the most out of veteran QB's...Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Well, he never developed a young QB successfully at TB or OAK, the first time around. All of his success was with getting the most out of veteran QB's...Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Isn't that funny. BA had the same reputation as QB guru but didn't really develop any rookies.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be the big deal. 2 Firsts and a second would already be enough to get a good DL player in the top 4 than a good WR or ILB at 24 and with 35 a OG or a TE or something that drops out of round one.

No way. If that was the deal, they would get at least a 2nd next year. Probably a 2nd and 3rd.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Peyton Manning disagrees with you

"Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan."

Some would argue that Manning, Big Ben, Luck, and Carson Palmer were great QB's before and after BA (Palmer retired). 3 of those guys were the #1 pick overall.

I love BA but can't think of a non-superstar QB that he developed into a star.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan."

Some would argue that Manning, Big Ben, Luck, and Carson Palmer were great QB's before and after BA (Palmer retired). 3 of those guys were the #1 pick overall.

I love BA but can't think of a non-superstar QB that he developed into a star.
BA was the QB coach at Indy from 98-2000, the first three seasons of Peyton's career. He not only convinced Indy to take him over Leaf, but he was instrumental in molding him into one of the best ever.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
His track record isnt exactly recent. I dont know how you can surmise that.
Look at some of the QB's he's evaluated and given positive feedback about on 'Gruden's QB Camp' and you'll see what I mean. Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, Connor Cook, Christian Hackenberg, Nathan Peterman, and Paxton Lynch were all QBs he really liked.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson