Rackers Hurt!?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Off to make a fantasy add/drop!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
hmmm--

possibly happened during the Ram game

could this also explain why at the beg of the third quarter, Whis passed on a 50 yard FG try and instead punted?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I see nothing corroborating that story. Not saying that Schefter is a liar but if our local guys (Urban, Somers) dont have a hold of this yet, then I'm inclined to believe that he is fine. An injury to Rackers would be a big deal to Cards fans. Even more so than Will Davis

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm--

possibly happened during the Ram game

could this also explain why at the beg of the third quarter, Whis passed on a 50 yard FG try and instead punted?
I think Whiz doesn't want Rackers kicking long field goals in general. He's kicked only 2 field goals from 50 or more yards since the start of last season.

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
Normally i wait to hear it from Urban or Somers, but I can't imagine Shefter reporting it if it weren't true. He is constantly working the phones for info. There's a good chance he got the info before Somers or Urban (both local guys may be spending time with family). I believe Shefter. Not sure which one I'd select....probably Nugent.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rest him just to make sure he doesn't aggravate it, even if he says he can go. We'll need him for the stretch.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I agree with resting him. Doesnt seem like the kicking game has been a big deal in this offense like it has in years past.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Like the Blog says,this goes back to the panther game and he tweaked it again in the seahawks game.He was fine and really did awesome in the rams game and Just Watch and see if he isn't kicking on Sunday.:D

Coach Whiz is just seeing who's available and can do what on the field>(IN CASE) something worse happens to our great kicker.

He's really had an awesome year with his long kickoffs and the coverage also.He also has the short kickoff down to a tee as we've gotten two of those back in turnovers on special teams.We tried it against the rams but they were ready for it.

I think Neil is still ready to go.I'm not worried about him yet.You just need to rest a groin.Having someone to kick in practice really helps.

We've got 9 players that are limited in practice.It was even much worse last week with 13 on the injury list and some did not practice like Okeafor.

Now everyone is practicing this week except Will Davis of course.Who we don't want to IR because we'll get him back way before the playoffs ready to go again.That would be a bad move.We've just got a full 53 players we NEED.The NFL needs to expand it.Some teams like us truly are now building there teams from the bottom up and everyone is counted on to play at sometime during the year with normal injury situations.

This year is 10 times or more worse than last year with injuries but Whiz is handling it like a pro.Everyone is just limited to what they can do.

Warner is at full strength as of yesterday and will again be today.Glad Beanie and THT don't have any minor injuries that even make the report.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If the Cardinals don't feel the need to bring in a kicker than I suspect they will go with Rackers, and let Hightower be the backup.

I agree with this situation. Unless Rackers 100% cannot kick then just let him tough it out and let Hightower back him up.

It is too late in the week to be mixing and matching players, especially on a holiday weekend. Go forward with the original plan and re-evaluate on Monday.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with resting him. Doesnt seem like the kicking game has been a big deal in this offense like it has in years past.

It's not just FG's. He can change the game with his onside kicks and ability to play coverage in STs.

That said, I have no problem resting him to prep for the Minnesota game if there is any doubt.

Heck, in a perverted way, I kind of want to see Hightower kick. Kind of the same way I want to see Antron throw a few more passes. Doh! :D

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
I confirm this report. I do not have any minor injuries to speak of. Oh?, you meant Tim Hightower. my bad.

Like the Blog says,this goes back to the panther game and he tweaked it again in the seahawks game.He was fine and really did awesome in the rams game and Just Watch and see if he isn't kicking on Sunday.:D

Coach Whiz is just seeing who's available and can do what on the field>(IN CASE) something worse happens to our great kicker.

He's really had an awesome year with his long kickoffs and the coverage also.He also has the short kickoff down to a tee as we've gotten two of those back in turnovers on special teams.We tried it against the rams but they were ready for it.

I think Neil is still ready to go.I'm not worried about him yet.You just need to rest a groin.Having someone to kick in practice really helps.

We've got 9 players that are limited in practice.It was even much worse last week with 13 on the injury list and some did not practice like Okeafor.

Now everyone is practicing this week except Will Davis of course.Who we don't want to IR because we'll get him back way before the playoffs ready to go again.That would be a bad move.We've just got a full 53 players we NEED.The NFL needs to expand it.Some teams like us truly are now building there teams from the bottom up and everyone is counted on to play at sometime during the year with normal injury situations.

This year is 10 times or more worse than last year with injuries but Whiz is handling it like a pro.Everyone is just limited to what they can do.

Warner is at full strength as of yesterday and will again be today.Glad Beanie and THT don't have any minor injuries that even make the report.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson